fight

Richie pulled away from Eddie to see a tall man with white hair standing in the doorway.

"Hello, Eddie." The man smiled, taking a step in the room.

"No, no fucking way." Richie said, walking up to the man. "Stay away from Eddie."

Eddie wheezed in his hospital bed, remembering his vision. It all happened right here. He can picture it clearly.

In a few seconds, two armed men will run in here and order Eddie to walk over to them. Richie will protest and say "there's no way in hell im letting him go with you fuckers." And then the armed men will point the guns at Richie and Stan. Then Eddie will have no choice. His vision ends there.

The door slammed against the wall as two armed men ran in, just like in his vision.
"Edward Kaspbrak, get over here." One of the men ordered.

Richie laughed sarcastically. "There's no way in hell I'm letting him go with you fuckers."

Eddies hands shook as Richie refused to back down. He knew what would happen next.

The armed man pointed the gun at Richie's face. "Then I'll just have to shoot you."

Stanley quickly pulled Richie out of the way of the gun. "No, lets settle this without killing anyone." He said bravely, his voice quivering slightly as the men stared him down.

"I'll settle it however the fuck I want to." The man growled, pointing the gun at Richie's head and the other man pointing one at Stan's.

Doctor Brenner looked at Eddie, curious to see how he would respond.

"Stop," Eddie whispered, his body shaking from fear.

He knew what would happen to him if he gave himself up. He remembered some of it and none of it was good. But he couldn't let his best friends die. "Let them go. I'll go with you."

Richie's eyes widened. "No, you will not!"

Eddie slowly got up out of the bed, wincing at the pain in his arm. "Yes, I will, Chee."

The men lowered their guns and marched over to the fragile boy, grabbing his arm harshly.

"Hey!" Richie objected, shoving the men off his friend. "Get the fuck away from him!"

The men reached for their guns but Eddie stopped them. "Just give me a second."

Richie looked into the smaller boys eyes as their hands interlocked. "Please don't go with them, Eds."

Eddie smiled sadly and brushed his thumb over Richie's palm. "I'm sorry, Rich. I couldn't let them hurt you."

Richie's eyes filled with tears and he brought the small boy into a tight hug. "I will find a way to save you." He whispered into his ear.

The men pulled Eddie from his grasp, their fingernails digging into the asthmatic boys cut.

Richie cried out as if the pain was his. He felt as if his heart was splitting. His Eddie was being taken away from him after he just got the boy back.

Stan rushed to Richie after Eddie was forced out of the room and the last of the men left.
"Rich, we'll find a way to get him back."

Richie collapsed to his knees, feeling numb. This can't be real? Can it? No, Eddie is at his house sleeping peacefully in his bed, having only good dreams.

Stanley knelt on the floor next to his friend, gently picking up Eddie's fanny pack when it fell after he was taken. His fingers traced the name written into the side as he pretended along with Richie. Eddie was fine. He wasn't hurt. He came out of surgery fine and was recovering quickly.

A tear leaked down Stanley's cheek. No, that's not what happened. Eddie was gone. His best friend was gone. And he just got him back. Eddie was always so worried about those men getting him. He would do anything to get away from them and his mom. And now, they have him. All because Stanley was dumb enough to bribe him to the hospital. What was he thinking? Richie warned him what would happen. Why didn't he listen to him? How could he be so selfish?

Richie's voice interrupted Stan's thoughts.

"Is it my fault?"

Stanley wiped the tear from his cheek, wrapping his arms around the boy. "No, it's not your fault, Rich."