Birthday (2)

Y/N's P.O.V:

It's my birthday today and my mom isn't here. It feels really weird without her by my side. She was usually (apart from Michael) the only one who really was a big part of my life and now her leaving and no one here, it feels odd, to say the least.

*DING DONG*

The doorbell rings. Michael arrived with his little present just wrapped up in red and white poker dot paper.

"Hi, Michael."

"Hi Y/N. Happy birthday."

"Thanks."

"You look pretty and I love your hair." (This is the hair you are wearing)

" (This is the hair you are wearing)

I blushed at his comment. He always knows how to sweep a girl off her feet.

"Are any of the guests here yet?" He asked me.

"No, not yet."

"Well, do you want to go to the backyard then?"

"Sure." I mean, I do need a break after the whole conversion with my mom yesterday.

Michael's P.O.V:

I was so excited about the party but she has a little something outside that is part of it.

"Hey, um Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"Cover your eyes," I said. I am so excited about the surprise.

"What, why?"

"Just do it."

"Okay."

Y/N's P.O.V:

I was so confused. Why on earth am I covering my eyes? The guests weren't even there. I covered my eyes and I heard a light switch. What the heck is happening?

"Okay, you can open them now." I heard someone say. I uncovered my eyes and I heard, "Surprise!" I gasped in shock and joy.

"Oh my goodness. Hi guys, I didn't know that you were here already."

"We could never miss your birthday Y/N." My bestie Leah said.

All of a sudden, we heard a shout behind me.

"Wait!"

I turned around to see my mother standing in front of the door.

"Can I join too?" She smiled at me.

"Hi, mom and yes!"

At the party, I was so happy, I'm finally 21! Thank goodness.

Calvin's P.O.V:

I was talking with my cousin Belle, I didn't get to see her since my college schedule until I saw Michael looking extremely nervous about his little something I told me about when the party is happening.

"Hey, Mike. You good?"

"Yes, I'm just nervous about her reaction."

"Dude, don't worry. I know that any girl will die for this."

"Okay, let's do it."

Michael's P.O.V:

I have butterflies floating around in my stomach. I have never felt this nervous in my whole life. This probably goes the way I have planned or not.

"Excuse me, may I have everyone's attention please?"

Oh my gosh, I am dreading this more than I was when I was planning this party.

"As you guys probably know, I'm Michael, Y/N's boyfriend and we have known together since the day we met. So Y/N, can you come here please?"

Y/N's P.O.V:

I was so concerned about this speech Michael is saying. He held both of my hands and looked at me with his beautiful chocolate eyes.

Is he trying to embarrass me or...

"Look Y/N, ever since I first met you, I knew that we were going to be the best of friends ever and it turns out I was right," I giggled. He's so perfect at making a girl smile. "You are a beautiful, sweet and amazing girl and no one can judge you about that. You make my heart melt every time you smile and I love you so much." I felt tears of joy coming to my eyes.

"I love you too," I said trying to hold back my tears but I couldn't help it.

"Well because you feel the way," All of a sudden, he grabbed a silver ring out of his pocket and right at that moment, I feel as if my heart was about to burst into fireworks because I was just so excited. Everyone gasped and just whispered to each other. I just covered my mouth with my hands and just start crying.
"Will you, Y/F/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, be my wife?" I wiped my tears away as he smiled at my reaction.

"Yes, of course, yes!" I cried. Everyone cheered with excitement as Michael put the ring on my ring finger.

"Don't cry, come here." He smiled as I hugged him tightly. This was the best birthday ever!

After the party...

I'm finally Michael's finance. I'm so excited to spend my life with this beautiful man. He decided to stay at my house since my mom left to do her show and all of the guests went home. We both held hands and strolled around the backyard.

"Michael?"

"Yes, sweetie?" Oh my god, I'm trying not to squeal so badly.

"Thank you for doing that. I truly appreciate it." He smiled at me all relieved and proud of himself.
"You're welcome. I meant what I said and you are truly the most amazing, lovely and intelligent person I've ever seen in my life." I giggled as he pulled me in and kissed me passionately.

"I love you, Michael."

"I love you more."

We stared at each other as we kissed under the moonlight.