Chapter 21: Lunch

"Please Rachel!" Kurt begged trough the phone.

"I don't wanna be the third wheel in your lunch with Blaine." I complained.

"Oh please! It's just a lunch, is Sunday afternoon, I don't want you to stay locked at home!" Kurt said and I sighed.

"Okay, fine!" I said and I heard him squeal. I don't know why he's insisting on this so much, is just a lunch.

I get off the bed, I spent the past days lying on the bed doing absolutely nothing. Finn is staying in a Hotel. I know he just broke up with his fiancée and probably is going trough a funk now and I wish I could help him. I really enjoyed having him around, but also made me sad. I sacrificed so much just for what? Having my secrets splashed on the news front page? Money? Fame? Everything seems so tiny and useless when I'm close to him. When I'm with him nothing else matters. I just enjoy being with him, cuddling, feeling his warmth.

After getting dressed, I get an Uber and went to this new restaurant that Kurt has been blabbering about. When I get there is lovely, is an outdoors restaurant. It has such a nice vibe. I look around and see that Kurt and Blaine weren't here so I just sit on a table.

 I look around and see that Kurt and Blaine weren't here so I just sit on a table

Finn

I get in the restaurant where Kurt and Blaine had invited me to have lunch and I look around and see that they weren't here but I spot a familiar beautiful face.

Rachel Berry.

She looks breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking. She's not wearing anything special, just a red dress with white dots, her hair is loose with waves falling perfect on her back. Her red lipstick makes her lips even more attractive if that was even possible. And she's not wearing heels so it's possible to notice her short height that I always loved about her. I'm way too tall and she's way too short, just fits.

"Rachel?" I said softly and she looked up from her phone and she smiled. Damn.

"Oh hey Finn!" She said smiling.

"What you're doing here alone?" I asked curiously. Spending those few days with her literally took my mind off Quinn. Rachel really is something else.

"I was just going to ask you that." She said.

"I'm having lunch with Kurt and Blaine." We said in unison and frowned.

"What?" We asked at the same time then both of us received a text.

Sorry, we just had to get you two in the same place together again. Hahahaha
-Kurt and Blaine

"Of course they did that." Rachel said laughing softly. "You can sit if you want, if we're already here, let's enjoy a good meal then."

"Definitely." I said and sit with her and she laughed. Her laugh is just so wow.

"So Finn, how you're feeling lately?" She asked.

"I've been better. At least I stopped crying. I just feel betrayed, not because of Quinn, because of Puck." I said and she sighed.

"I know that you already know that but I'm going to say anyway, that sucks." She said and I laughed softly.

"It really does." I said.

"But look the good side of it, you found out before getting married, that makes things a lot times easier than if you were married to her. And if didn't worked out with her, maybe it was for the best, maybe stopped you from making a big mistake that you would regret in the future." She said and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm 100% sure that in less than 10 years we would probably divorce or both would eventually just talking the basics about our future children or something." I said.

"If you think this way, why would you even marry her?" She asked curiously.

"Because it was easy. She was there. We both got comfortable in living like this for years and years." I honestly said.

"What a way to leave, right?" She said and I laughed softly. "Are you driving?"

"Nop, Uber." I said.

"Great, me too, let's order a wine this is getting way too sad to face sober." She joked and I laughed and ordered a bottle of wine.

....

Two wine bottles later, we are just sharing stories and laughing enjoying this lovely lunch. I don't remember the last time I laughed this much. Feels like ages ago.

"Oh my God!" She said laughing loud as I laughed with her.

"I swear!" I said and she laughed more.

"Oh my...High School is really something else." Rachel said before we burst out laughing. "Gosh Finn, I missed you making me laugh trough the past years, you really know how to make me laugh."

"What can I say? It's a gift." I joked and we laughed again. "But I missed you too, Rach."

"Can't believe we spent so many years being miserable in our lives when we could've just had spent drinking wine, having an amazing meal and laughing this much." She said taking a sip of the red wine in her glass and I half smiled to her. Maybe the alcohol already got both of us but any is too drubk.

"We could've had a great life, couldn't we?" I asked and she sighed.

"Probably." She said bitting her lip. "I screwed up what we could've been."

"Hey! Don't! Don't you dare say that. I was the one who broke us apart." I said.

"I was the one who never came back." She said. "But it doesn't mean that I ever stopped thinking about you, cause I didn't."

"Me neither." I said and we share a smile.

After we payed the meal, we decided to share an Uber. Since our honest talk, we've been flirting a lot and I hell don't mind.

"I had fun today, I owe Kurt and Blaine a big thank you for making all of this." I said and she smiled to me.

"Definitely." She said with a smile. And I moved my hand closer to hers and interlaced our fingers together and she rest her head on my arm and we stay silent just enjoying the moment but the car stops in front of her house.

"Thank you, I had fun." She said and I smiled. Before she could get off the car, I pull her back and kissed her and she didn't pulled away, she immediately responded the kiss.

"I'll see ya soon." I said when we break the kiss and she smiled and pecked my lips softly and quockly and left chuckling and I smiled to myself. Oh Gosh...What am I doing?