Chapter 1: Can You Keep A Secret?

Dipper Pines was eighteen, tallish, his messy mop of curly brown hair covered by his old blue and white trucker hat. Upon his face a pair of thick glasses sat perched on his nose, still slightly red and buried in his book as he mumbled the words on the yellowing pages. His chocolate brown eyes darted back and forth as he read. 

His twin sister Mabel was asleep beside him, leaning on his shoulder and drooling on his flannel shirt. The bus trundled down the uneven road, avoiding pot holes but failing as the bus jerked every now and then, sending their luggage sliding this way and that. There was a loud screech, and a hiss of breaks, the bus came to a shuddering halt.

Dipper looked up from his novel and smiled, nudging his sister "Mabel? Wake up! We're here!" Dipper said with a grin. Mabel woke up with a smile and hugged him, "YES!" she screamed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, the bus driver glared at the loud racket they were making, even though they were the only ones on the bus.

Dipper waited for Mabel to stand up before doing so himself. Picking up his suitcase and tucking the novel into the front pocket of his backpack, he followed his sister out the bus and onto the gravelly roadside "GRUNKLE FORD!" Mabel yelled excitedly, rushing over and hugging the red sweatered dork standing awkwardly by the bus stop "Mabel my dear! You've grown so much! Look at you!" he said hugging back, adjusting his glasses as they were jostled down his face by Mabel's hug.

Dipper came forward, his backpack slung over one shoulder. Stanford smiled at him "Dipper, love the glasses, new?" Dipper smiled "Yeah, I got them before school last year" he said nervously. Ford pulled him into a hug "Its good to see you again" Stanford said "Now come along you two, lets get you settled in" the twins followed after him, this would be their last year in Gravity Falls, before the future came for them and they wouldn't get another chance.

~

The house was the same as last year, creaky, old and a little run down. As they walked up the steps Dipper grew excited, the smell of old wood and pine sap filled his nose as they trundled up the rickety steps. The attic was the same as it always had been, the triangle window was open just a bit to let in some air into the musty room. Dipper collapsed on his bed and sighed as Mabel began to unpack all her things. Even though they were eighteen it appeared Stanford had forgotten to realize they might need separate rooms "I hope this is okay Dip Dop" Mabel said, Dipper smiled "We could always put up a curtain or something?" he said, Mabel grinned "Good plan bro bro" she said as she tipped her suitcase of clothes into the drawers.

~

(Earlier that morning)

"Why can't I go outside!?" Bill asked, swinging his feet as he sat on the metal table, Stanford sighed as poked the needle into Bills inner elbow "Because I told you no! Now stop asking me!" Stanford said as Bill fumed, he was never allowed outside, in fact he barely remembered what the wind felt like, the clouds, the sun, to fly. He let out a whine and Stanford looked at him as his silver blood filled the clear plastic chamber at the end of the needle "How about if I get you a couple of friends to play with?" Stanford offered,  Bill looked at him with a frown "Play? What am I? Five?" the demon sneered.

Stanford huffed "Friend or not!?" he asked, Bill rolled his eyes "Alright alright, friend it is, who are they?" Bill asked as Stanford finished taking his blood "My Niece and Nephew, Mabel and Dipper Pines, they're about the same age as you, I'll be picking them up from the bus station today" the man said, Bill looked over at the photo sitting on the desk and smiled "Back to your room with you!" Stanford said, waving his hand at him, Bill got off the table and sauntered back to his room, closing the door behind him and waiting for it to lock before he removed the muzzle.

~

Dipper and Mabel ate their dinner quietly, Stanford sitting opposite them, writing something down in his Journal as he ate the pizza he had bought, the pen scratching away at the parchment "Whats that your working on Grunkle Ford?" Dipper asked, Mabel rolled up a slice and shoved it in her mouth, chewing noisily. Ford looked up with a smile "Oh this? Just a plan, can you two keep a secret?" he asked, Dipper and Mabel nodded, Stanford closed his Journal and finished off his dinner "Good, after you finish eating meet me by the font door, and dress warm, I have someone I want you to meet" the man said, standing up and leaving the kitchen.