4.Ice creams and rain?

Coming out of the washroom, in a fresh pair of track pants, Muraadh ran a hand through his still damp hair .. crossing the room to the clothes hamper standing by the door, he pulled out a comfy tee out and put it on.. striding back to the mirror and stared at it..

"ah.. ah.. ah.. achoo.." he sneezed out loud.. trembling his tall frame.

Slightly shivering, with damp hair and a pink nose, his reflection stared back at him..

"alhamdulillah shuk_.." he muttered when his nose started getting itchy resulting on a series of sneeze ending after a couple of minutes, his nose sticking out like a big red balloon..

" way to go Muraadh.." he murmured to himself..

looking at his wet office clothes lying down on the floor, resembling rags he frowned..

Apparently getting wet in the rain wasn't a smart choice.. well it wasnt his choice either..

He never knew that Enjoying ice cream with his wife, who seemed to blend in perfection with silence and thick rain splattering against the large windows of the ice cream parlour could be heavenly..

well it was..

He was so grateful to be able to make it indoors before the sudden downpour engulfs them and was feeling lucky to marvel as the rain spread its veil of calmness through  out the world..

He spared a glance at Imani who was silently enjoying the ice cream and the rain all the same.

Apparently he was soo freaking sure that he would win the race to the parlour and devour the fobble scoops..

but life surprised him, more like his wife did..

having a head start in the race seemed a bit unfair, he was slowing his gait when his wife whizzed past him and reached the end in just seconds..

"whoaaa" would be an understatement, that girl could really run.. he should never have under estimated her.. obviously she won the fobble scoops..

he was panting and out of breath when he reached her..

her lips twitched a mm  before she hid it in her neutral glare.. he raised his eyebrows at her for which she shrugged...

placing their orders, they walked to a booth, when their order arrived a couple of minutes later..

Muradh stared at the fobble scoop ice cream longingly. devouring his double scoops in just seconds

fobble scoops and Muradh was a different love story alright.. the four giant balls with chocolate syrup and almonds sprinkled on them.. that's what you call love at first sight.. one of the things he would never share..

But what really is life if not for some expectations and certain exceptions which would make us put a toe over the line and experience something never existed..

Imani was such a scenario.. sure, his bowl of fobble scoops with some one else didn't sit quite right with him, but he was glad that someone was Imani..

she caught him staring at her ice cream with a glee of a ten year old and shot a questioning glare which he returned with an embarrassed smile...trust me, getting caught by your new bride while you stare at her ice cream is not an enjoyable experience..

Finishing it, they walked to the crowded entrance, when the downpour turned monstrous...

"seems like we would have to wait this one over" he shuffled to give space to her petite frame hidden behind him, when she saw the rain drenching the entire area while the waves rose higher and higher to meet the drops pouring from the giant puffs of greyish black clouds, shrouding the beach in an enchanted veil of devilish serenity..

the moment her eyes clashed with the rain drops plattering on the golden sand, etching intricate patterns of its own, an excited glint germinated in the pitch black pools, making her shiver slighty due to the cold or excitement Muradh wondered..

she clutched his arms in a very tight grip, bewildering him..

"Muradh lets walk home.." she suggested eyes twinkling in sync with the rain drops..

" seriously Imani? two and half Km in this drenching rain?" he argued back not believing his ears..

"come on..- she tugged at his arm pulling him.. " it'll be super duper fun we'll get the car and the scooty later.. its not always you get to witness rain on a beach" she implored bouncing on her legs..
He was about to argue back that she is in colombo now and woukd be able to experience it often..
but when his gaze met her glinting one sending waves of excitement so tangible that you are unable to resist but to give in..
"okay.." he shrugged.. folding the arms of his work shirt while she jumped into a puddle splashing the people walking by and started walking as if she own the world..

Muradh laughed.. his girl could be of many things.. but for sure she is extremely crazy..

"Imani wait up.." he screamed and started running to catch up with her.. and this was how he ended up wet head to toe and shivering like a maniac..

Hey ya felllows... hows it?

Until next time.. Vote comment and share..

Allah hafiz lovelies.. 😚