The aftermath

The next morning, Zoya woke up to a loud clattering sound from the kitchen, followed by Aditya screaming fuck repeatedly. She quickly got up from the bed and put on her dressing gown before rushing to the kitchen. The sight she saw was hilarious but because of the accompanying music and the timing, it was more irritating than anything else. Aditya was hopping in the place, with a hand in his mouth. Broken eggs, milk carton, and oil is splattered on the platform and floor, along with the pan lying upside down on the floor, which probably made the noise in the first place.

"WHAT THE HELL!!!", Zoya yelled at Aditya, startling him; he slipped on the oil and fell hard on his bum, his pants were sogged with the foul egg and milk mixture from the floor. Looking up he saw Zoya, with the most innocent puppy dog expression, but Zoya is not impressed. She storms to him, and crouches in front of him, fixing with the most lethal gaze, making him flinch.

Z: haath ko kya hua h aapke?

Her tone scared the shit out of him, but before Aditya could hide his hand, Zoya snatches it and brings it closer to herself for inspection. The base of the palm was red and raw, probably a burnt mark. A blister was already forming there.

Z: aap sach mein itne bevakoof h ya hume pareshaan karne k liye karte h aisa? Uss din jab hum gire the footpath par, tab hume toh bada gyan de rahe the common sense par, abhi khud k akkal kya ghas charne gayi h? aapko cut nahi laga h, jala h... jalne par, jeebh pherne se kya fayda oga haan? You should have immediately put it under cold water and applied toothpaste or burnol to it!

A: arre tumhare ghar mein mujhe kya pata ki burnol, toothpaste etc. etc. kaha rakha h?

Z: point! Toh kis mahaan aatma ne kaha tha subah subah aa kar humare kitchen mein ghar ghar khelne k liye? Aap shayad khud k ghar mein bhi cooking nahi karte, you don't know how to cook right? Toh yaha aa kar hoshiyari karne ki kya zaroorat thi? Ab hume kya ghoor rahe h? chaliye uthne ki koshish kijiye... I hope zyada chot na lagi ho...

She helped him get up and drops him to the bathroom, she was constantly calling him an idiot under her breath. Aditya can hear it, her whole demeanor is hurting him, as well as, it is confusing. Just last night they made love for the first time, yet this morning, her anger and irritation with him are beyond his comprehension.

Zoya comes back to the kitchen, she holds on to the kitchen counter to calm herself, her frustration with everything is making hard for her to breathe, angry tears make their way down her cheeks. Heaving a frustrated sigh, she starts to clean all the mess. She is still sore from last night, Aditya did it not once but 5 times in a row. It was unbelievable that not even once he caught on the fact that she is not responding as she should; she fell asleep exhausted after 3rd round, but he continued. And to top it off he tried to pull off a romantic stunt from some stupid chick flick, which fails miserably, making Zoya clean the kitchen at 7 in the morning! It was Monday already, she had to go to the shop too! "what a brilliant start of the day" she curses in her mind as she finishes cleaning and cooking breakfast for both of them.

Soon Aditya comes out, after a good bath, with just a towel around his waist. He doesn't have any clothes, as his only pants got ruined. He limps as he walks towards the sitting room. His lower back is hurting because of the fall. Calling out to Zoya, he sheepishly asks her if she has any spare clothes for him and also iodex and burnol. She huffs and brings him everything he asked for. Without saying anything she applies iodex to his back and dresses his burnt palm, still clearly annoyed.

When she gets up to leave, Aditya holds her wrist to make her stop. Just as he is about to speak, he notices that he accidentally pulled the knot of her robe making it loose; at that exact moment, Zoya notices it too and turns into a beetroot. She quickly tries to make a dash for it, but Adi holds her back and tugs her to her fall on his lap. He huskily whispers to her while looking in her eyes:

A: why so shy baby? I have seen it all 😉

Again baby!!!! " DON'T CALL ME BABY!"

A: why shonu kya hua?!! Mele cutie pie ko itna guchcha bhi aata h?

Goodness! If Aditya continued this for a little longer, Zoya would definitely puke on him.

She jams her elbow in his sides and gets up hurriedly. Warning him in a deadly voice to not to follow her, she goes to the bedroom and slams the door behind her.

The whole thing was a huge shock for Adi, he has no clue why Zoya is behaving so weirdly, he wonders what he did wrong, he is sure she can't be this mad on him for ruining her kitchen, could she?

He starts doubting his abilities from last night, but even that doesn't seem to be a satisfactory answer.

While he is busy wondering, Zoya comes out all dressed up and ready to leave. She curtly asks him to leave as well, as she is getting late for the shop; as for his clothes, she tells him that she will send them to him once they come from the wash.

Aditya wanted to talk to her about her absurd behaviour and their future, but her one look makes him shut it up. He realizes that that now is not a good time to talk, so he leaves without saying anything.