Chapter 34

Third Person's POV

You'd think that receiving the news of how someone you love was going to leave the world soon in advance was going to help you be composed when that day actually arrived. But when the fact had finally sinked in is when you're going to realize that the person you love was really gone.

Maybe it was going to hurt less but it was still going to hurt. Nothing can bring that person back nor can anyone do something about it. You have to accept it at some point and move on with the greatest memories of that person.

Luna knew that as she sat beside Madeline on the hospital bed, holding her close as she breathed deeply with her eyes closed. She wasn't asleep nor was she unconscious, she was just too tired to open her eyes.

She brushed her lover's hair aside and looked down at her face. Madeline's face was as pale as snow and the circles under her eyes were as dark as ever. It had been two days since she fainted and was rushed to the hospital. Her doctor confirmed that she wasn't going to make it within three days and it made her sad that she was leaving Luna behind.

"You know I love you, right?" Madeline opened her eyes for a bit to look up at her girlfriend who sent her a small smile with teary eyes.

"Yeah, and I love you." She responded with a small sniffle.

"Then you have to promise me that you'll find somebody to love again."

"Madeline, I-"

"Promise me, Luna. Even if it takes forever, please don't forget to love again." She said, firmly with a weak voice. She was trying so hard to keep her eyes open and not take it off of the love of her life.

Luna stared at her and she felt tears roll down her cheeks, falling onto Madeline's face. She breathed in and out.

"Okay, I promise you." Luna bent down to kiss her forehead and wipe the tears off her face.

"Good, I can rest in peace then." Madeline smiled weakly, before closing her eyes.

"I'll miss you, love." Luna whispered as she hugged Madeline closer to her.

"Don't forget about me." She responded, feeling light headed.

"I won't, you'll be the best memory of my life." She hated the fact that her lover was going to become a memory.

"And you'll be mine..."

The line had went straight.

Luna stood in front of the body mirror in her room, she was wearing a black dress that flowed right before her knees. Her hair was up in a clean bun making her look presentable despite the dark circles under her eyes and her pale lips.

It was finally the day of the funeral, the day where Violet would be buried and the day where all of Luna's family gather together to grieve and mourn for a young family member.

Luna knew it was going to be a long day, especially since it's been a while since their family had come together. They had to cancel their annual Lunar Year festival because of how busy everyone was. But they didn't expect to all meet each other again for the year, at a funeral.

She walked out the room and head downstairs to see her parents standing by the front door, waiting patiently for her. She walked towards them and muttered a 'let's go' before opening the front door.

The ride to the graveyard was quiet and somehow it felt like hours for Luna. All she could think was how she had to watch her family cry again for the rest of the day. Jackson kept popping up in her mind and all she wanted to do was to see and hug him.