Big City Writing CONTEST

Hey everyone! So in anticipation of the upcoming audiobook, I have decided to host a contest! This is the very first contest I've ever hosted, so bear with me XD Here are the deets:

How do you join in on this super contest? Follow me on Wattpad so you can be the first to receive updates.

Tag your friends and any you think might be interested! Help me get word out and spread the news XD The more people who know about this, the more of a success the release of the audiobook will be, as well as this contest!

So... what's the contest? Who is your favorite character in the BC trilogy? Is it Coal? Molly? Charlie? Ben? Max? Or do you have your own OC you'd like to mix in with the BC universe? Write your version of their origin story and how they mastered their powers! Keep it clean, please, no spiritistic origins (ya know how your girl rolls), and a minimum of two thousand words and it can be as long as you like! But please state the word count at the end of your chapter/short story.

Tag your story with #bigcitywritingcontest so others can find your story, and tag me in the comments so that I can find your entry!

Comment here if you're participating.

How can you win?

I will be reading all of your stories and judging by originality and storyline. I get that grammar sometimes isn't our strongest point, so I won't necessarily be knocking off points if you misplace a comma or two.

Who can enter?

Anyone! However the prizes will be different depending on your region. There will be three winners.

US and UK winners will receive a FREE audiobook of Big City Villain! Available for download on iTunes, Audible, or Amazon.

And the third first place winner will be WORLDWIDE and their prize will be a signed copy of Big City Villain. Because this will have to be mailed to you, please make sure your parents (if under 18) are okay with giving out your mailing address to me :)

All three winners will receive a shoutout on Wattpad, Facebook, and Instagram.

When is the deadline?

NOVEMBER 20th.

Results will be very soon after that! But keep in mind, I'm just one person and between my volunteer work and job, I work full-time.

Any questions? Please comment away, be gentle for this is my first contest and I'm still trying to work out all the kinks. Also, I will be trying to update this chapter with FAQs.

FAQ:

I live in the US/UK but want a signed copy of BCV, would I be able to win the worldwide prize instead of the audiobook?
Well... The reason why I'm doing the signed paperback copy of BCV is because the codes I'll be giving out for the audiobook is only valid for the US and UK, so it won't really be fair to others if someone in the US and UK won the worldwide prize. But, I guess if this gets enough traction, maybe I'll do another contest where anyone can get a signed copy of BCV?

I only have a Wattpad account - why a shoutout on Facebook and Instagram, too?
Well, I'll be promoting any accounts you have, whether it's just Wattpad or some combination of both on all three platforms. More exposure :)

I already have a BCV fanfic, can this be entered?
If it has one of the BC's character's origin story in it, go for it!

I want to write Coal's/Ben's/Charlie's origin story, but theirs are already known, so what can I do?
Rewrite them! As long as there is no spiritistic or magical elements, go for it! I love reading rewrites and retakes on stories!

How do I know my story has been entered the contest?
If you use the contest hashtag #bigcityvillainwritingcontest and tag me in your comments, you should receive a confirmation! If you don't, PLEASE comment here, on my profile, or PM.

Does it have to be from the BC character's POV? Can I add my own OC's?
Your main character can be your own original character, it can be about your OC's origin story in the BC universe, it can be a retake on a BC character's origin from anyone's POV. Have fun and be creative! (Thank you to the ones who helped me clarify this a bit more!)

I look forward to reading your entries!