NINETEEN

Days had passed and Jungkook and Taehyung gotten even closer than before. They hung out everyday and even had sleepovers but Jungkook still hadn't found the money

"Maybe it's in your old house"

Jungkook looks at Taehyung "I can't go there..."

"Yes you can! I'll be there with you" Taehyung tries convincing Jungkook. "Still... that's where she died. Because of me"

"You know that's not true" Taehyung sighs "Don't blame yourself, you didn't know she was gonna jump—"

"Its not just that. It's the fact that i'm such a disappointment that she wanted to die"

"Jungkook..." Taehyung trails off, not knowing what to say.

"Do you want me to go alone? I'll try to find something"

"If you want... I don't really care"

Taehyung just nods and leaves.

***

When he enters Jungkook's old mansion he lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding. Everything's still placed in the way it was placed before, it looks completely untouched.

He walks to the kitchen and starts looking in the cabinets and opens all the drawers but finds nothing.

"In movies they always push the wall or something and something falls out" He mutters to himself before launching himself at a wall

He doesn't hear the front door open and runs into another wall, groaning when a secret passage doesn't open up

He limply gets up and starts kicking all around him like a maniac in hopes of discovering something.

"You do know that this isn't a movie and there's no secret passage or secret room"

Taehyung turns around and meet Jungkook's eyes who's standing there with his arms crossed with a smirk on his face

"just in case..."

Jungkook shakes his head and walks up to Taehyung. "I've decided to man up and help you. It's unfair if you find the money and I keep it" he says and before Taehyung can reply, Jungkook walks off, searching for the money.

Taehyung sighs and enters the guest room. checking the bed, in the pillowcases, in the closet and even under the fluffy rug and inside the tall lamp but finds nothing except a mouldy piece of candy which he wishes he hadn't touched.

'Maybe it's in the room...' he thinks to himself before running upstairs into 'the room' only to find Jungkook already there. He's sat on his knees, on the floor, staring at nothing.

"This is where she started hitting herself with the bottle" he mumbles. Then his sad eyes wander to the balcony "and that's where she jumped"

Taehyung hesitates before suggesting that he stays and looks in the room while Jungkook rests in another.

Jungkook just weakly nods and drags himself to his old bedroom. "Thanks" he mutters to which Taehyung gives a small smile.

To try and lighten up the mood, Taehyung gets an idea. He sits on the big bed and pulls out his phone, taking a selfie with a silly face.

And he presses Airdrop to Jungkook.

Jungkook look up from his lap when his phone buzzes and lets out a small giggle when he sees the photo.