The A Team

I checked everything I needed for the long day ahead, i hated doing this but i needed it. I need the money to catch up in bills, pay the rent, money for everyday nessessities. You may think your life sucks, but you haven’t been in my position. Doing this for a living is the worst, i fixed my skirt, zipped up my boots and coat.

I started walking towards the bathroom, to fix my make up. I grab the eye liner and apply it to my left eye, i start doing the right one and actually take a look at myself in the mirror. My brown hair is messy, unkept, like my life. I set down the eye liner and grab the mascara, i need a reality check and i need it now.

What am i doing with my life? Why can’t i just get a normal job and have it easy? I apply some lipstick before grabbing my purse and heading out the door. The winter air hits me imediatly and sends chills over my body.

I start walking to where all of it goes down. Once i get there i see my “friends”. I walk up to Lola and smile to her. “Hey Lola, anything yet?” I ask.

She shakes her head and hugs herself, moving her arms up and down, “no not yet, but i swear if someone doesn’t come soon I’m leaving.” She says looking around for any stopping cars.

“It’s gonna be a long day,” i whisper and walk over to the steps of the strip club. “I can’t stand my life, why?” I mumble to myself with my head in my hands. “Why does my life have to be so hard?” I whisper to no one.

“Hey (Y/N/N)” i hear Lola say from above me. I stand up with her,” yeah?” I ask. She nods her head over to the deep red car, barley visible from the darkness but illuminated by the street lights.

“Oh,” i say. She’s leaving and I’m here alone. “Sorry,” I’ll come back tomorrow i promise.” She says hugging me. “I love you,” we whisper at the same time. Me and Lola go way back to grade school, that’s where we met. But we get separated each night by a different man.

The man honks his horn, Lola and i break apart, “be careful,” i say an give her an incouraging push. She nods her head slowly and starts walking onwards the car. She always gets a little nervous when someone wants her, as do I, but i have to do it.

After a few hours a black car pulls up to me. A tall man with curly hair gets out of the car. “Hey, are you okay?” The man asks. I nod my head and say, “yeah, I’m (Y/N). Who are you?” I say lieing through my teeth.

“I’m Harry, c’mon.” He says grabbing my hand and pulling me towards his car. Once i get into the car, heat hits me. I feel so warm, it’s much better than out there. Harry gets into the car and starts driving somewhere.

“It’s cold outside, why were you out there?” He asks keeping his eyes on the road. “It’s my job,” i mumble looking down, my eyes getting watery. “What?” He asks as he slowly stops the car at a apartment. “I said its my job.” I say a louder so he can hear me.

“Oh my God, i need to get you inside.” He says and gets me out of the car an into his house. “No,” i say pulling back on his hand. “Why?” He says and closes the door.

“I can’t,” i whisper. He takes my hand and goes into his bedroom. He sets me down on the bed and runs into the bathroom. I take off my coat and unzip my boots slowly. He comes back with a towel and a bowl of water.

“Harry what are you doing?” I ask setting my coat on the floor next to my boots. “I’m helping you,” he says and takes my face in between his hands. He looks into my eyes and runs his thumb over my cheek.

“So beautiful,” he says. I blush, and he takes his right hand down and grabs the towel and slightly dips it into the water. He runs the towel underneath my right eye. I close my eyes trying to stop the tears that threading to go down my face.