Chapter 1 - The Me

They say true love doesn't exist, some people say it does but if it does, it wouldn't last forever. Me? I do believe in love. It's the forever that lures us in and sends us back crying. Trust me, I've had so many girl friends that were- yeah, forever-fied by the guys that they kept hanging on to, fell in love with, gave their trust to, hang out at places for hours alone with, and felt safe with. All of them- well not all of them but most of them had this thing called "forever" in a few months, weeks or worse; days.

I've been fooled with that forever thing once. It was back when I was a kid, it was called puppy love. I had a crush on this boy next door back at our old house. We spent most of our childhood together on summer days. I forgot his name though, but I remembered his promise. He told me that we'd be together forever, and that he'd make me his girlfriend when we grow older. One day he told me to meet him at the park, that we'd watch the fireworks together on New Year's eve, I waited there for 3 hours and went home crying. I found out the next day that his family moved to another town.

I couldn't forget that day. It was the first time that my heart got broken. I know inside me that he never intended to do that. But every time I hear the word fireworks? It breaks my heart a little making it look crooked.

I'm Brianna Caroline Mitty. My mom told me the name Brianna means "strong" and Caroline means "song of happiness" which kinda is my personality. I don't cry for no reason; I cry because I maybe mad, had enough of something, or something happened that would make a strong person cry. My friends always told me that their day wouldn't be complete without hearing me crack jokes. I don't know where on earth those jokes came from- maybe it was from the God of Wit.

I am 17 years old and a junior high school student at Hudson High University. I love dancing, window shopping, drawing cocktail dresses and gowns, and listening to music. I was born without a dad; one of the reasons why I strongly disagree about promises of forever. My mom said he found someone better. Back when I was little, I saw my mom cry alone staring at their wedding pictures. Remembering those stuff makes me mad. I mean, why would he love another woman if he loves my mom? Sometimes I imagine my dad going out and getting hit by a ten wheeler- but no. He's still my dad. Because I was born daddyless, I live alone with my mom which makes crimes inside of our house have like 86% to happen everyday.

Okay so much for my personal information, now it's time for you to find out why I wrote this thing, what got me going, and what happened. I don't want you guys to expect about a happy ending 'kay? Besides, sometimes it's not about what happened in the end, it's about what happened in the whole story right?

Here we go.