Chapter 9 - The free fall

“Happy birthday Vick!!” Everybody greeted Vicky a very warm greeting for a very cold day.

It had been raining all day long so it is about to calm down now.

“Thank you so much for coming guys!” She became emotional.

I needed air so I got out of the crowd and found Reese having a fun conversation with the Totally Bitches; Chantelle and minions.

“Fun.” I forced a smile. I was jealous. Pissed.

Then I found myself alone and no one to talk to.

“Hey loner.” West, the life saver.

“Fuck you.” I rolled my eyes.

“You’re that horny?” He looked so serious.

I smiled to show that I appreciate his wit, “The rain stopped. Finally.” I said changing the dirty topic.

“Wanna go out?”

“Yes please!”

We got out of Vicky’s house and walked the wet streets. I could feel the coldness even if I’m so covered while West was just wearing a shirt.

“Why are you staring at my chest?” He asked.

I was? “I was?” I was. Why was I staring at his chest?

“Is it too hot to expose?”

“You’re so full of yourself you know.”

“I love swimming pools too.”

“I said full fool.” Then we stared at each other and laughed at our own idiocy.

West was catching his breath from all the laugh he gave out, “Oh that was so funny.”

“I have that kind of humor level.” I said sounding superior.

“Oh look!” He pointed at something from far away.

“Bench and a post?”

“Not that,” He pointed again, “That.” Oh he meant the birds.

“Wanna feed them?” He asked.

I smiled and nodded; yes.

He shoved his hand inside the bag of bird food on the bench and gave me a hand full of bird food.

We ended up spending the whole night talking, laughing, feeding the birds, and well- yeah. I ended up falling.

Every smile of him takes me to another place. A safer place.

Every word he speaks from his beautiful mouth is like a poem. A masterpiece.

I guess this is what it feels like to be in love huh? Everything that person does seemed perfect. Everything slows down when you’re together. And everything- almost everything, seemed and felt comfy.

I felt like I was losing myself.

But sometimes we lose ourselves in the things we love, we find ourselves there too.

“Hey, Bryan?” He looked at me.

“Just call me Brei.”

“Okay, Brei?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m cold.”

I smiled. I thought it was cute. “Wanna cuddle like idiots?” I asked.

“Let’s do this!” He agreed.

We sat close to each other and I felt his body touched mine. Our warmth became a connection between us.

“They’re so greedy.” He stared at the birds pecking on to the ground for food with amusement.

I’m falling for you.

But no.

I couldn’t let him know.