Chapter 14 - The fireworks

Finally, it was Christmas.

I was too busy to be texting West because some of my relatives were coming over to celebrate Christmas eve with us since it’s just mom and me.

I got too busy that I read all his messages that I got to read it the next day when I woke up.

“Sorry. I got too busy so I didn’t had the time to check my phone. Call me when you get this.” I texted him.

A few minutes later, I recieved a call from him.

“Hey.” I greeted. “A late Merry Christmas to you.”

“I was feeling kinda lonely.” He replied from the other line.

“How was your Christmas?” I had to know what he does with his family for Christmas.

“We don’t do those things that you guys do here.” He sounded sad.

“I missed you so much.” I knew I had to change the topic.

“Me too- what? Teddy said hello.”

“Tell teddy that I missed cuddling him.”

“So you’re dumping me for this fucking teddy?” He sounded cute when he got pissed that I love his teddy more than him.

“Oh please, who would love that heartless thing?”

“Brianna! That’s so mean of you! Don’t listen to her teddy, I think you’re one of the most loving bear in the world.”

I smiled.

“Hey,” He called for my attention.

“Yeah?”

“Can you like uhmm, meet me at the park at 11 midnight on New Year’s eve?”

“I’d love to!”

“Great! See you then!” He ended the call.

I wanted to say that I love him but I wasn’t that prepared for his reply. His reaction. His excuse.

We talked on the phone all day long and the days before New Year’s eve were endless talking and laughing on the phone.

My mom was concerened about me locking myself up in my room for a whole day.

Then New Year’s eve came.

“Hey.” He walked towards me when he saw me walking towards him.