Chapter 13 - At the hill

A saturdate was an unusual thing for us. We don’t really go to dates cause we find it awkward but then we realized that everyday was a date. So why not?

West told me to meet him at the mall at 10am. 

I saw him there, he wore his dirty white sweater with his checkered long sleeves underneath it, and his pair of denim jeans.

“Do I look good? Please don’t break up with me if I don’t!” He said when he was right infront of me.

“You look hot in your own simple way.” I said smiling.

We went to the cinema’s to buy a pair of tickets to watch The Fault in Our Stars. The movie was about two sick idiots that fell in love with each other. As an ending, the one legged boy died and the girl kept on living for the boy.

“You’re lucky to have two legs.” I reminded West as we got out of the cinema’s.

“You’re lucky you don’t have lungs that suck at being lungs.” He winked.

I can’t lose to this. “You’re lucky-”

“I’m lucky cause I have you.” He cut in.

I paused. And smiled.

“I wanna go somewhere else.” He suggested.

“Where?” I wondered.

“Oh! I know.” Then he grabbed me by the hand and rushed outside the mall.

We arrived at a hill with a very beautiful view. It’s a hill where you could see a meadow of daisies and a small town.

It was very beautiful.

“It’s beautiful up here.” I said to West.

“Yeap.” He embraced me with his arms, “Just like you.”

“You’re a weirdo.” I whispered.

“And you’re disgusting.” He whispered back.

Everything at that moment was all I ever asked for at that moment. And at that very moment, I swore I prayed a thousand times hoping that this day would never end.

I guess I liked the view of me being embraced with West’s arms, resting and the both of us sitting on top of a hill with a very picturisque view.

“You’re wonderful Brianna Caroline.” He whispered to my ears as he leaned to the tree behind him.

“And you’re a weirdo.” I whispered back.

I swore to God that I will never let him go. After all, storms don’t last forever right?

Before the day ended, he gave me the most common thing to give; a necklace with a locket as a pendant. But the surprise wasn’t just that; inside the locket was a small piece of paper that he folded into pieces.

“Don’t open it until you get to your room ‘kay?” He instructed.

“Yes sir.” I said smiling.

I was so excited that I tripped as I rushed to go inside my room when I finally got home.

I locked the door and immediately opened the small piece of paper. It was so small that when I was done unfolding it, it wasn’t even half the size of my palm. It’s size is like a 1x1 photo.

It was a note that said: “Please return my shirt and shorts, the ones you wore when you were eggy-fied and flour-fied? Remember? Thanks.” Behind it was another note: “PS: Teddy said he misses you.”