Chapter 18 - High Hopes

The next day was surprising.

When I got to school, everyone was making the same noises. They were sticked to the walls of the hallways and they were all looking at me as I passed by them.

Then I saw what they were talking about.

He walked towards me.

“ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!?” I yelled at him when he was in front of me.

“What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong? You cut your hair!” He cut his hair. Now he looked more of a guy than a gay.

He looked hot.

“Well, that was an unpredictable reaction..” He scratched the nape of his neck.

“What were you thinking!?” I yelled at him, loud. But not loud enough for everybody to hear.

“I just..”

“Just what!?” I was mad. “Look, I know how growing your hair really meant to you and the fact that you had it cut? It breaks my heart big time!”

“I just want you to see how much you really mean to me.” He whispered.

Well?

I guess he got me falling for him all over again.

Fuck him.

He’s so handsome.

He’s so hot.

I love him.

But the fact that there is no great assurance that the feeling would be like a huge chopping board slapping me; it hurts.

“West..” I stepped closer.

“I want you back.” I smiled. It was painful.

I bit my lower lip, “Let me go.”

The look on his face broke my heart; it was the same look on his face when he’d see his mom and dad fighting back when we’re kids.

“I’m sorry..” My voice trailed off. I walked away.

Simply because I was not strong enough to hold back my tears.

“I will not give up.” He said when I was steps away from him.

“Stop chasing pavements.”

“Chasing pavements? Working so hard to accomplish something when you know in the end it’ll be unsuccessful?” He wanted to be sure.

“Yeah.”

“I don’t care if I fail a hundred times- no, thousands. I just want you back.”

I knew what I had to do; walk away.

But he was following me.

One of the things that my mom taught me; If nobody would chase you when you’re walking away, keep walking.

But I didn’t know what to do if someone would follow.

I turned to him-

No one was following.

Not him.

Not anybody I knew.

The people around me were actually walking away from the hallway and started going to their rooms.

I guess this was the thing I needed to prove that the feeling was not the same after all.

I loved him, he loves some of me, some parts of me. Even if I loved him whole, his whole existance.

I walked to the girl’s room, locked myself in.

I’ll be fine without him.

I think my life’s better that I finally got to know the truth.

That the feeling wasn’t mutual after all.

I’ll be fine.

Then I asked myself, “So why are you crying?”