Chapter Seven: Study Sessions

Chapter Seven

                The next few hours flew by, when I finished my Calculus and Phycology homework; it was already 4:55. I groaned. “This was a bad Idea” so I went to my dresser, pulled out a sports bra, tank top, and running shorts. I barely got changed when I heard a knock at my door.  “Here goes nothing” I mumbled as I walked to the door.

I opened the door, and there was Aiden, damn he looked hot. He had on a tight tank top that left me not needing to wonder how fit he is. And a pair of basketball shorts, but what made him look just over the top hot, was the glasses he was wearing.

Black glasses that the “smart kid” would wear. Damn he looked good. And then he opened his mouth.“Damn babe, could you be any more obvious when you’re checking me out?”

My face turned bright red. And I looked down. He’s never going to let this go.

“Oh my god, are you blushing Sophie? You so were checking me out.” I could just tell he had a smile on his face. Glad someone found this amusing. More like traumatic. Oh god, was I that obvious?

I opened the door enough for him to go past, not looking him in the eye, and grabbed a dry erase marker from the bored and wrote in purple “studying with A” so that Jor would know and not just barge in. not that there’s anything to barge in on.

I took a deep breath, and turned around. “So what should we start with?” I asked.

“Foot and ankle sound good?” Thank god he wasn’t making fun of me some more.

“Yeah, perfect”

“Alright then, come over here, and sit on the bed Soph, I don’t bite” damn him

I looked at him skeptically “I highly doubt that’s true.”

He just laughed “Well, you got me there. Come on, sit and give me your foot.” I walked over to the bed, and sat down and gave him my right foot. 

“Okay, so black will be the bones, and green will be the ligaments, since we don’t have muscles yet” he went through, and put dots on my foot and ankle with the sharpie where my bones would be, and then with green for the ligaments.

He was so nice, and gentle about it, and it amazed me how easy this was for him, he’s way smarter then I gave him credit for. I got to observe him, and it was nice to be able to watch him, without too much fear of him making fun of me or making some comment.

 Once he was done, he asked me to name each dot. We went over it three times before I got them all right.

Then he handed me the sharpies, and named first the bones, and told me to put a dot where each was. After going over them the first three times, it was pretty easy, and I got them all right.

Then we moved to the knee, and he went over ever part of the knee. “Okay. I think I got it.”

“Alright, try it on me then”

So he stretched out his knee.

“Patella”

“Easy, that’s just your knee cap”

And we went over every part, and not once did I get any wrong.

Hmm, you’re a good teacher I thought.

“Thank you, you’re a good student” He smiled at me, not a fake one, but an actual smile

“Oh, did I say that out loud?” I blushed slightly

“Yeah, why is that a bad thing?” He asked slightly confused

“Uh, no. just figured you would make some kind of rude or inappropriate comment if I gave you a compliment.”