Chapter Eight: An Unexpected Good Day.

Chapter Eight

I woke up the next morning, not looking forward to acknowledging what happened last night. I don’t know what I was thinking, it’s like when I’m around him, I don’t think, and I don’t know what I’m feeling.

I want to hate him, and ignore him, but I really don’t think he’s the arrogant jerk he’s been acting like, it’s like he used it to hide behind.

I got to the art building just in time for class so that I wouldn’t have to sit next him before the class started. I walked in just in time, and went and sat down; avoiding his gaze that I could see from the corner of my eye was on me. This was going to be a long day.

“So, were starting a new project today. You don’t have to work on it in class, just as long as you meet the deadlines, I don’t care when or where it’s done.”

I love art projects.

“Okay, so starting with Aiden, the person on your left is your partner.  So Sophie and Aiden, and Jessica And Riley, and so on.”

Oh god, this is so not happening again. Did I have to be pair with him in every class? Or is this some sort of joke.

I hate art projects.

I looked over at Aiden, and I could see he was thinking the same thing.

“I feel like we spend every waking minute together” I mumbled half to him half to myself

“Am I that bad Sophia?” He never calls me that; I’ve only known the guy a couple days, but I feel like it’s been longer.

“Yes, were partners in three out of the four classes we have together. I only have one class you’re not in”

“Well, you’re in all my classes. And you don’t see me complaining” That’s true. And I forgot most people only take four classes. "And i didn't see you complaining last night when we spent some extra time together" then winked

Arrogant asshole.

“So, here is the paper for your project, it’s going to be a series of pictures of your partner. Some will be challenging, but I know you all can do it” 

Draw your partner

1.                    From memory

2.                    First encounter

3.                    First impression

4.                    MID TERM How you see them now

5.                    You two together

6.                    3 poses

7.                    END OF TERM opinion now/Picture from memory

“I know some may seem the same, but it will test your memory, and the one of you two together will cause you to get creative. The pictures are due in the order they are listed, and I will make sure to give you a week notice on when they will be due.' She always sounds so happy

"And obviously, the first one will be due a week from today. I trust you to actually draw them without being around them, because although it may not be good, there is a point”

This project is going to suck. More time I have to spend with him.

“As you all should know, the way you feel about a person will affect how you see them and draw them. If you don’t like them, the lines may be sharper. If you do like your partner, the picture almost seems lighter.”