Part 12 a.....loan?

wEekS haD paSsEd

Seo Yoon was alright again.

YIPEE

She would come home with a smile on her face as she opened the door to be met with her dorm mates. She had made a lot more friends in her courses that was introduced by Jae Ron but she still felt closest with her dorm mates, after all that had happened.

As she thought that nothing could ruin her happy mood one day as she reached her floor in the dorm building, she was hit by a wave of pink paint.

"PAY US BACK YOU BITCH!" The person who threw the paint at her yelled.

Seo Yoon attempted to wipe off the paint covering her eyes as she gave the person a death glare.

He was wearing a black shirt with jeans and had tattoos all over his body. He smirked as he held the can of pink paint and took in Seo Yoon's dirty state.

"Who're you calling a bitch again?" Seo Yoon asked calmly as she clenched her fists tightly at her sides.

"YOU. Who else you money stealing asshole! The deadline was last year! You may have moved from the last house to escape us but you can't escape now!" He approached Seo Yoon and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt.

She growled at him at kicked him with all of her strength where the sun don't shine and spat at him.

"I would never stoop so low to borrow a loan from people like you! And i definitely don't know you, which mean you must have the wrong person!" The guy's eyes widened in guilt as he thought about the possibility. "Now screw off or I'll throw you off the roof of the dorm buildings!" Seo Yoon warned.

The guy quickly nodded as he exited as fast as the wind.

So much for a nice day.

She walked towards her dorm and opened the door.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?" Myun Bin shouted as soon as he saw the girl drenched in pink paint.

Seo Yoon scowled as she said, "Some bastard thought i owed him a loan and poured paint on me. I don't know who in the right mind would borrow money from people like him, honestly."

She sighed as she went to the showers.

Myun Bin turned to Hara, who was beside him, and noticed that she was strangely silent.

"You seem quite quiet today. You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just a little tired." Hara answered before silently entering her room.

"Huh." Myun Bin said as he shrugged his shoulders and entered his room as well.

__________________________________________

"Please. I have to borrow some money from you. I'll pay you back, i promise." Hara said as she held on to a loan shark's arm desperately.

The loan shark scoffed and shook her off harshly, leaving her alone and helpless.

A guy walked up to Hara and offered to help.

"Really? Thank you so much! I need it as medical fees for my mother's surgery. I will pay you back as soon as possible!" She thanked him as he waved it off.

"It's no problem. But be sure to pay me back soon. Or i will find you and murder everyone you love." He warned, his gaze cold.

He threw her a bag full of money and walked away, leaving her speechless.

She knew that accepting the money was the worst decision in her life but she was still studying and there was not enough time to find a part time job and she needed it to save her mother, even if there was extra money, she would never used it.

That was when her father came.

Drunk like a fool, he took the bag of money one night despite Hara's protests and chuckled.

"This is enough for me to buy more drinks!" He was about to exit when Hara stopped him.

"Stop, father. This money was lent to me by a loan shark to pay for mother's medical fees. He has given me extra and if you spent it all, i wouldn't have enough time to pay it back!" She pleaded.

Hara's father reached into the bag and took two big stacks of money before throwing it at her face.

"This is enough for you to save her. Now move aside, Hara." Not even giving her time to talk, he shoved her away harshly and took off sprinting out of the room.

Panicking, she chased after him but wasn't able to as he had already ran far away.

She dropped to her knees as she started sobbing, knowing what was gonna happen in the near future to come.

After Hara's mother's surgery, they were constantly harassed by loan shark after loan shark. Their door was sprayed with paint often and written with vulgarities. Hara always offered to wash the door, thinking that the situation she was in right now was all because of her.

She would also find herself constantly keeping an eye out for her surroundings, afraid that a loan shark would approach her.

It was not long that Hara's mother had passed on, leaving Hara to fend for herself most of the time.

Hara decided that she had enough and packed up her things. She had picked up a small poster nearby which offered dorms for those who wanted to stay at SUNGRIN CAMPUS.

Hoping for a new start, she quickly moved to the campus and into a dorm,where she had Gyeom Wu and two others in her dorm.

But she still felt paranoid most of the time.

Her dorm mates had noticed and asked her if she was fine and she would lie and say that she was fine. Gyeom Wu could see through her lie and narrowed his eyes, but decided not to pry too much into it.

That was when she had chanced upon a Kpop boy band, BTS.

She had listened to their music and watched their videos and felt much better than before, as though the meaning of the lyrics, the boy's laughter encouraged her through every moment of her life.

She would never look over her shoulder any more and was more lively and happy around her dorm mates.

She would often drag Gyeom Wu along with her to buy some BTS merchandise at a shop in the mall or just shop for some clothes.

She also met Myun Bin that year and had fun playing with each other.

This year was also special as she had Seo Yoon as her new dorm mate.

She really couldn't be more happier.

But now as Hara rubbed her eyes while laying down on her bed, she started to wonder if the guy Seo Yoon talked about was the guy who she had borrowed money from.

She recalled Seo Yoon's disgusted tone as she expressed her dislike for those who lent money from loan sharks.

Hara sobbed silently as she curled into a ball in her covers.

Her dorm mates was her comfort when she needed help at her darkest moments.

If they knew of her past,

Would they still offer her their comfort?

______________________________________________

Angst is my best friend