t w o

A/N - Hi, this is my 2nd book now, so still please don't judge my spelling or grammar mistakes, you can comment to give feedback, and vote on what you like! Chapter ☺️☺️ Now here is Chapter 2!

Chapter 2

·Brooklyn's POV·

I was at Gale's house when President Snow was announcing the Quarter Quell surprise. I was just expecting double the tributes. No, actually I expected something against Katniss. I mean, not be be mean or judgmental towards Katniss, but since the stunt with the berries last year, Katniss has just put us all in kinds of dangerous trouble and now that she got out alive from that arena, with Peeta, and it just had to be the year before the Quarter Quell, Katniss has put us in yet another life threatening situation.

I doubt the capitol has doubled the times my siblings had their name in the reaping bowl, because they were rarely ever seen with Katniss. Especially now that Katniss has become more distant with our families. However, that does not mean that Katniss has not put me in trouble, I know for sure my name will be doubled. This is because I know for sure, the Capitol wanted to double Gales names, but they can't because he's old enough to work, and he is immune to the Games. So now the only other girl, but prim and Madge. Me. I will surely volunteer for both of them. Madge and I have been friends since primary / elementary school. In fact she saved my life once.

Anyways I could not even stand the thought of Prim entering the arena. She would not stand a chance, the odds would not be in her favour. So let's face it, I'm going into that arena. Even though my siblings would not have to double their names, I would never possibly let them take there part of tesserae so my name is in there a lot more then theirs is.

My family and Gales, were quite close, so naturally we were all huddled around the small T.V the Hawthrone's were forced to have in their household. My sister just sat there in shock at the news. My brother and Gale's brothers had other plans. They ran up to me, hugged me. Practically squeezed me. Gale just sat there looking at me with what looked like a sympathetic look on his face. I know that everybody in the room knew I would volunteer for Madge and Prim. Also now that they have doubled my name it is in there 84 times.

·Gale's POV·

84 times. Seriously 84 will be at least a 6th if that bowl, I have really worried about Brook going into that arena and now by the looks of it, there was a huge chance she would enter that arena. The Buckley's decided that they should head back to their house. I decided to walk them home. It was getting a little too late for our siblings. Parker, Brookes brother is already asleep. Her sister, Loren was falling to sleep at this moment. The only thing keeping her awake was Brookes banter. She kept talking to Loren, to keep her mind occupied. I still needed to talk to Brooke about the Quarter Quell reaping. I just know she will volunteer for anybody she cares for. And now that I am out of the question of the Games, I am useless, I can't help her in that arena. All I can hope is that some random 18 year old girls name gets pulled out of that glass bowl.

So I walk up to her. "Hey Brooke, can we talk for a minute?" I ask mainly to Loren.

"Yeah sure." Loren replied bluntly, I can't blame her though she looks really tired.

I pulled Brooke by the arm aside from the rest of her family. "Please don't volunteer!" I begged her.

"Gale you know I care about my family so, so much. I can not bare the thought of losing them. Plus, I don't hear you blaming Katniss for volunteering for Prim." She shot back at me.

"No Brooke, that's exactly the point. Look at Katniss, she has changed so much because of the games. And I know I am not the only one who is losing her."

"Really Gale, we are not talking about this again. It is not my fault that she did what she did to survive. I mean yeah the whole Star Crossed Lovers act seems real from a distance, but think about it, have you ever even seen them talking, or just simply making eye contact when there are no cameras around them?"

"Okay, let's just stop talking about that. Please just promise me you wont volunteer, for anybody but anyone who you care about?" I don't know why, she took a while to think about the answer. It's just an easy 'Yes Gale I promise!' That is all I'm asking for. I mean there are still chances she will volunteer, just smaller chances.

"Give me 1 reason not to Gale." She said after thinking for so long.

"Are you kidding me? Why would you volunteer you don't even know the girl! Also then how come you've never volunteered before then?"

"Gale so many 12 year old little girls get killed because of theese stupid Games. Doesn't it hurt you to see that. And especially with what Katniss did last year, the odds will never be in our favor in District 12, so why not Gale. You are the one who wanted to save the people from the Capitol, a while ago when you turned down the idea of escaping, running away. So don't you dare blame this on me. If anything Katniss-"

"Oh here we go again with Its all Katniss' fault. Stop dragging her into this."

"Okay you know what, no matter what happens at the reaping, just know that we are good people in this situation. Not the Capitol." I could see the sincerity in her pale blue eyes behind the contrast of her pale skin with freckles painted all across her face, and just as I was studying her face, just in an instant she started running to her house, since I kept her behind from the rest of the Buckley herd.

Well whatever happens at the reaping this year, the Capitol will surely become entertained.

So this was Chapter 2 🙃 Please don't hate, and thanks for reading! 🌵