t h r e e

A/N - Hi, this is my 2nd book now, so still please don't judge my spelling or grammar mistakes, you can comment to give feedback, and vote on what you like! Chapter ☺️☺️ Now here is Chapter 3!

Chapter 3

·Brooklyn's POV·

I woke up to the smell of death. Because today was reaping day. As usual on reaping day, I get up earlier then normal to go hunting. But when I got to the fence I heard a slight buzz. This means that they actually activated the electric fence. They stopped being lazy. Luckily I woke up extra early, so I dug a hole under the fence, and crawled under the gate and through the small hole. I eventually caught 4 rabbits and a turkey. It was rare for me to kill or even catch a turkey. So I did not trade it. I still didn't trade the rabbits, just in case peacekeepers were around today. So, I figured when we get back from the reaping, we could have a nice rabbit and turkey stew This meal was one of my favourites. And it was always a treat to have. So the minute I killed that turkey with my axe, it was heavenly. However I caught rabbits and hares on a regular day basis, thanks to Gale teaching me how to set up a good and promising snare.

After picking some berries for pudding. I crawled back through the hole I dug and then put the dirt back. I ran back to my house in the Seam, and luckily did not encounter Gale. I am still mad at him for what he did and said last night, it was very unlike Gale to not put other people before himself. Anyways, when I got back to my house I saw my mother helping Loren and Parker get ready for the reaping. The Capitol came up with the stupid idea of dressing fancy, of course whenever they get a chance they take it, to look ridiculous and go over the top. Even when they cross the street, they wear their over the top 'fashionable' clothes. But when I saw my mum hand me a dress, I was glad it was not too over the top. It was a striped dress which was yellow and teal. Honestly I loved it. I knew mum was renting it because we could never afford something so expensive.

(Like this one)So I took a short bath, and then put on the dress

(Like this one)
So I took a short bath, and then put on the dress. I have my brown hair in two criss cross braids leading across each other.

(Imagine it is brown hair)

I found it hard to do that myself so I asked Loren, but Parker begged to do it himself. Parker actually did a pretty decent job and I liked it. My family and I walked to the reaping and I had to reassure that the needle did not hurt by going first. Parker was on the verge of tears, but Loren was a fighter. If she entered that arena she would probably get out alive from her knowledge of medical. Parker on the other hand, would not even pick up my bow and arrow when I tried to teach him how to hunt. Parker also did not have a great memory because when he tried to heal a squirrel, he used the wrong medicine and ended up killing the poor squirrel anyways.