f i v e

A/N - Hi, this is my 2nd book now, so still please don't judge my spelling or grammar mistakes, you can comment to give feedback through comments, and vote on what you like! ☺️☺️ Now here is Chapter 5!

Chapter 5

·Brooklyn's POV·

As I entered the train, still processing what had just happened in the last hour, I inhaled the lovely smell of what I recognised as Peeta's bakery. I knew that could not be it, but I looked around and went into the next room / cart of the train and saw all of the delicious looking baked treats. They looked expensive and so perfect.

Then I saw Katniss and Peeta walk into this part of the train, Peeta was like the elder brother I never had, so when I saw him walk into the room, his signature smile was wiped off of his face, pity replaced it. He also had the same thoughts as I did and he opened up his arms whilst slowly running towards me, I hugged him and he wrapped his arms tight around me. I always loved Peeta's hugs, Peeta was just a really huggable person. Tears were threatening to spill out of my eyes, but I didn't want to look weak in front of my new mentors, mainly Katniss. So I just sniffled and pulled away from Peeta's comforting hug. I decided to speak up

"Where's Ash?"

"He is just finishing up with one last visitor." Katniss replied. Wow he really got a lot of visitors. Of course I had a plan going into that arena. Get Ash out. It was simple, not die immediately and protect him, until I let him kill me, obviously I knew he would object the opportunity of killing me - we both cared about each other so much - so I would kill my self, I never imagined dying this way, but Ash deserved to live way more than I did. And the fact that so many people cared about him just made my mind more clear. Asher Cliff would get out of the arena alive.

"Brooke?!" Speaking of the devil himself, Asher came into this part of the train, and I rushed over to him and hugged him to death. Just like I did before the reaping, and after I volunteered for Connie. "You know you do have a habit of hugging me to death." He laughed out. I just chuckled in response. "Yeah I guess that is true." I replied with a slight blush creeping up on my face.

Peeta and Katniss coughed awkwardly. "Okay let's talk tactics." Katniss said turning over to a table with jam and toast and some other foods. We all went over to the table, I sat next to Ash, opposite me was Peeta, and diagonally was Katniss.

"Any advice?" I asked either Peeta or Katniss, they both just looked at each other and said

"Stay alive" at the same time with a small chuckle, now I don't really understand what made this sentence so funny, but it must have been an inside joke, because if it was not then that would be a terrible thing to laugh and joke about. The rest of the train ride went by pretty quickly, and before I knew it, we arrived at the capitol and training center we would be training at for the next two weeks roughly. A guard showed us to the lift, and pushed the '12' button which I am assuming is because we are from District 12. One guard showed me to my room, the other showed Ash to his room.

Once we freshened ourselves up a little bit, Katniss and Peeta wanted us to look through the tapes of the other Districts reaping. This way we could see who we were up against. The career pack this year consists of District 1's Fletcher and Brinley. They were both volunteers and their attitude took me as over confident. Both of them were probably convinced they would win themselves. They also did not even seem to care who they volunteered for they just wanted the fame, glory and money for winning this year's Games.

District two consisted of a boy who looked around 18, big muscular and physically trained for the Games, his name was Blade. And I am sure he was proud to be going into that arena, probably going to leave obviously evident by his body appearance, and when he volunteered he got an applause and he grinned ear to ear. That is when one of us spoke up. Asher.