f o u r

A/N - Hi, this is my 2nd book now, so still please don't judge my spelling or grammar mistakes, you can comment to give feedback, and vote on what you like! Chapter ☺️☺️ Now here is Chapter 4!

Chapter 4

·Brooklyn's POV·

I can not believe what happened today, now both Ash and I are going into that arena, and now that Katniss and Peeta got out alive last year, they are going to make sure that definitely only one tribute gets out alive, surely that should be Asher, what do I do to deserve to live, he has people who care about him, and honestly if I died, I would be getting out of all of this drama... if I died in that arena it would be for the best. Asher and I got no time to converse because we were immediately rushed to the train station where we got to talk to our loved ones for a short while.

First to come in was Parker, Loren and Mum. Parker ran up to me hugged me tightly he kept thanking me but I just responded with

"Don't thank me, you should be hugging Ash." I slightly joked to lighten the mood. I really did not want our last goodbye to be sad and full of tears. Loren and Mum soon joined the hug and we all huddled together.

"Mum, promise me to take care of Loren and Parker, since I am not here I am sure Gale will go hunting for you and you need to take care of the three of them..." I kept rambling on about what Mum should do, normally I took care of the family because Mum was only great at cooking with a recipe. Now she needed to take full responsibility for Loren, Parker and sometimes possibly Gale.

As we continued to huddle around each other in a tight hug, two more peacekeepers dragged my family as we said our final goodbyes. Loren started to cry, which eventually caused Parker to cry as well. Parker was strong emotionally even though he was young.

The next person I saw was Gale, he immediately ran over to me and I stood up. He hugged me and sat down next to me. He started to rush his words.

"Brooklyn.."He started of saying my full name and I was surprised because I knew he was being serious at the full use of my name. He continued, "You know you can win this all you need to do is grab and axe and all the weapons you can without getting yourself killed. Then just use your knowledge of survival and first aid, and if you need to kill anyone just do it. Remember that if you try to kill someone, it will be one more step to survival. Don't team up with the career pack, they might betray you in your sleep..." Gale kept giving me tips to survive but one stood out, "Also kill Asher first, it will be less painful." there was no way on Earth that I would kill Ash, especially when I get my first chance to in that arena.

"Are you serious?"

"What do you mean" He stopped his ranting, and turned to face me properly.
"I mean, there is no way I am killing Asher, especially not first!"
"Look, I am aware that you two have some history, or whatever, but lots of people want you out alive." He tried to explain.

"Yes, but so many people want Ash out alive too. Think of his point of view as well."

"Brookie, how many years have we been friends for?" I did not reply to his rhetorical question. So he continued.

"Too many to count, so you know that I would do anything to get you out of there alive."

"If we are such good friends, then can you please understand that I would want Ash out."

At that second, two more peacekeepers dragged him away from our conversation. "Just promise me you will try to get out there!" Gale shouted to make sure i could hear him. Considering the two peacekeepers who just walked in the room to take Gale out, I wonder how many of them there are, today has been full of peacekeepers. Speaking of the devils (literally) another peacekeeper walked into the room to escort me to the train. Whilst on the train, I looked around there was food everywhere, it all smelled amazing. On the train I met up with Katniss and Peeta, our mentors and Ash.

·Asher's POV·

As I finished talking to my family, well they were actually dragged out of the room by peacekeepers, it wasn't by choice. I had an unexpected visitor, Gale. I really did not communicate to Gale a lot, only through school or when I met him on the street, but he was an okay guy, I guess. I just really didn't know why he was here.

"Hi, Asher" Gale said in an awkward kind of tone.

"Um... Gale.. umm... hi?" I replied back, in the same sort of awkward tone.

Gale broke the awkward silence or tension by saying "I just wanted to ask, what are your intentions in the arena, like your number one priority." Now that was a hard question, I have thought about quite a lot since I volunteered. I guess I didn't really have one. Of course both Brooke and I are going into that arena, and not both of us should get out alive, so of course I will protect her.

"Well, I'm going to protect my little Brookie." I liked the name 'Brookie' it had this catchiness to it and it was cute.

"What do you mean your little Brookie" Gale said emphasising on the words "little" and "Brookie".

"Well we have been friends ever since we were like, 2 years old, and her nickname is Brookie. So yeah. Why?"

·Gale's POV·

When Asher said, "my little Brookie" I am not going to lie, I was slightly offended, first of all because Brooke and I were meant to be best friends not this Asher guy, which she probably only sees at school. And second of all, because I gave her the nickname 'Brookie' and now some random guy uses it to her as well. As he started to tell me more about Brooke, and himself friendship and history, I started to forget why I came here in the first place.

"Just, no reason" I hesitated. Now I remember why I came in here and wanted to talk to this guy.

"So you will protect Brooke, and you will make sure she comes out alive, just as the same person she goes in as, do you promise."

"Look dude," Oh now he calls me dude, I don't know what this guy's intentions are, but I am sure they are not bueno. (Yes I do know how to speak a bit of Spanish, sometimes school does actually help you.) Anyways, Ahser continues, "I can not promise you that  who Brooke comes out as after the arena, will be the same person, but I will try my absolute hardest, and I will sacrifice anything to keep her alive, Brookie is much more needed then I am!" He says with a genuine smile, at the mention of her name.

"Thank you, I am glad that you will protect her." Then without having to be forced, by even more  peacekeepers, I walked out of the small room by the train. Now I know one thing for sure, Brooke has a good chance of getting out of that stupid arena alive.

So this was Chapter 4 🙃 Please don't hate, and thanks for reading! 🌵