Girl Crush

Girl Crush

Song: Girl Crush by Little Big Town (This is such a great song!)

I got a girl crush

Hate to admit it but

I got a heart rush

Ain't slowing down

I got it real bad

Want everything she has

That smile and that midnight laugh

She's giving you now

"Brett, are you even listening to us?" Bellowed Cruz as he pulled Chloe into another sideways-hug.

Brett shook her head, quickly glancing up at Cruz and Chloe. "What? I'm sorry, my mind was somewhere else."

Cruz smiled then took another sip of his beer, "We were just telling you that...we found a house!"

"What?! Oh my gosh you guys, that's amazing! Where is it?"

Cruz and Chloe both smiled and braced themselves for the monster-sized hug named Sylvie that was headed their way.

"I'm so happy for you guys! I mean, I'm kinda sad you all will be moving out and leaving me. But I'm excited for you both. Tell me all about it, I want to know everything!"

"Well It's on Great Street, and It's..."

Brett didn't hear the rest of what Cruz was saying as she was way too preoccupied with what Casey had said that made Natalie laugh. 'Why does she always laugh when she's with him?' Though Brett as she shifted her eyes from Natalie to Casey.

"Are you gonna come visit us, Sylvie?" Asked Chloe as she watched Brett slide off into her own world that only involved Matthew Casey.

Brett quickly looked back at Chloe, "Of course! You aren't going to be able to get rid of me."

I don't get no sleep

I don't get no peace

Thinking about her

Under your bed sheets

The way that she's whispering

The way that she's pulling you in

Lord knows I've tried,

I can't get her off my mind

"I'm gonna go and get us some more drinks. You want another beer, Sylvie?"

Brett looked up, "Yes, please."

Chloe picked up the last of her drink and gulped it, "Sylvie, what's wrong? You haven't been paying attention all night. Is something going on?"

Brett looked at Chloe, then back down at her drink, "Umm...I'm sorry. I'm just having a hard time right now."

"It's Casey, isn't it?"

"Ummm...yeah. I mean he didn't even give us a chance. She came back right after I returned to Chicago. What does she have that I don't."

"Nothing, Brett. She has nothing compared to you. You are your own person with your own qualities, that no one can touch."

Brett sadly smiled, "You're right."

"I know I am. And listen, you will find someone else. You don't need him. Okay?"

"Okay. You're right, as always." Replied Brett with a small smile.

Chloe laughed, "Alright! Enough of this somberness. Do you think Joe went to make the drinks himself or what? I'm gonna go see what's taking him so long."

"Okay."

Brett trepidatiously made another sly look towards Casey. 'I want to be her. Why can't I be her? She had everything she has him? I want him. I want to be her. I want her hair. Her lips. Her body. I want her. No. I want him. I guess...I have a girl crush.'

I want to taste her lips

Yeah, 'cause they taste like you

I want to drown myself

In a bottle of her perfume

I want her long blonde hair

I want her magic touch

Yeah, 'cause maybe then

You'd want me just as much

I got a girl crush

I got a girl crush

Hate to admit it but

I got a heart rush

It ain't slowing down

I have mixed feelings on this one, please let me know what you think.