Christmas Eve - #24

(63) Challenge: Day 24 - 12/24/19

Song: Christmas Eve by Kelly Clarkson (Another Christmas favorite of mine!)

I'm hearing sleigh bells

I'm seeing snow

I've waited all year, baby, just to see those reindeer

Watch them as they go

Home by the fireside

Twinkling lights

I've waited all year, baby, just to see that sleigh flying to the night

"Man, it sucks to have to work Christmas Eve." Whined Foster for what seemed like the hundredth time.

Brett laughed from the passenger side of the ambulance, "Oh, stop your whining, we get to go home early tomorrow morning."

"Whatever. Tell me what you got Casey for your all's first Christmas together to cheer me up."

"That will cheer you up?" Asked Brett as she continued to laugh at her over-exaggerated partner.

"Yeah, come on."

"Okay," Started Brett, "Well, I got him tickets to the next Cubs' game."

Foster thought about it for a second, "That's it?"

"Yeah, why? Do you think that's an okay gift." Asked Brett as she immediately started to worry about her gift-giving abilities.

Foster laughed, "Girl, chill. What you got him seems fine, I just thought you go the more personal route for your all's first Christmas together."

Brett looked at her friends with wide eyes, "Oh my God, what did I do? You're completely right. I should have got him something else. I mean this is our first Christmas together?"

"What have I done?" Whispered Foster as she pulled back into the firehouse.

All the lights, all of the fun, all of us here, all of us one

Only a gift, only a toy, only for a good girl and boy

The greatest party you ever did see

I'm hearing sleigh bells (hear those sleigh bells ring)

I'm seeing snow (I see those snowy scenes)

I've waited all year, baby, just to see those reindeer

Watch them as they go

Home by the fireside (home by the fireside)

Twinkling lights (all of those pretty lights)

I've waited all year, baby, just to see that sleigh flying to the night

Brett and Foster were immediately greeted by Kidd when they exited the ambulance.

"Hey, how was your last call?"

Foster looked at Kidd with wide eyes trying to tell her that right now was not the right time to approach Brett with anything else than what was on her mind.

"Kidd, I have a question for you."

"Okay," Responded Kidd as she looked from Brett to Foster and tried to figure out what was wrong.

"What did you get Kelly for your all's first Christmas together?"

"What?" Asked Kidd as she saw Foster grimace.