You Save Me

Author's Note: Hi, everyone! I hope you are all safe and healthy! I know it's been forever since I last updated this story; I kinda put it on the back burner while I started and finished other stories. I hope you guys all enjoy the updates you get this week!

Song: You Save Me by Kenny Chesney

*Thanks to LauraGipple on Wattpad for suggesting this song! I hope you enjoy it and thanks for always commenting on my work!

*FYI - There will be an update every day (Monday-Friday; June 8-12) this week on this story and Songs & Fire 2! I figured I owed you all! Lol!

Enjoy!

Every now and then I get a little lost

My strings all get tangled, my wires all get crossed

Every now and then I'm right up on the edge

Dangling my toes out over the ledge

I just thank God you're here

Cause when I'm a bullet shot out of a gun

Cause when I'm a firecracker comin' undone

Or when I'm a fugitive ready to run, all wild-eyed and crazy

No matter where my reckless soul takes me

Baby, you save me

Sylvie smiled as she watched Matt, Kelly, and Stella all make their way into the firehouse. It was Sylvie's first shift in a while after taking a short leave to be with her parents in Fowlerton so she was pretty excited to see everyone. Especially Matt. But, I mean who wouldn't be excited to see him. The last time they saw each other was at Molly's right before closing. He was waiting outside with her for her Uber and she swore he looked like he was going to kiss her right before the Uber pulled in front of them and ruined his chance.

They hadn't really spoken since that night. I mean she left the next morning and hasn't been back since, so there hasn't really been a chance for them to have a conversation. I mean she couldn't call him while she was away; he was busy. Right?

Sylvie was interrupted from her daydreaming by Foster who ran up to her, grabbed her elbow, and tried to pull her to the ambulance.

"Brett, come on! We just got called out; the alarm for ambo just went off!"

Sylvie quickly shook her head and got back into work mode. How had she missed the alarm going off? Was she stalking Matt Casey that bad that even a blaring firehouse alarm didn't faze her anymore?

It's hard lovin' a man, that's got a Gypsy soul

I don't know how you do it; I'm not sure how you know

The perfect thing to say, to save me from myself

You're the angel that believes in me, like nobody else

And I thank God you do

The call was a quick one for Brett and Foster. Luckily, they weren't really needed; they were just called in as backup for another ambo.

Sylvie smiled when they got back to the house and she saw that everyone was still there and hadn't been called out.

"Hey, maybe we should go for a shake run later today?" Commented Foster as they made their way into the kitchen.

Sylvie looked at her friend and enthusiastically nodded her head, "Yeah, that would be nice. I haven't had a Mikey's Chocolate Blueberry shake in forever."