Chapter 14

Alya walks into the school and sees everyone in her class standing together like they're waiting for something. Alya:what's going on Tikki? Tikki:I don't know but why don't we go find out? Alya runs towards the group. Marinette:Alya. You made it. Alya walks towards Marinette and Sabrina. Alya:what's going on? Marinette:we're having class photo day today. Alya looks at Nino then back at Marinette. Alya:I'll........be in a photo with Nino? She tries to hide her excitement. Marinette:do you have a crush on him? Alya:.........yes............. Marinette:I didn't know that. Juleka:at least you're going to be in the photo. Rose:no, Juleka, I'm telling you, you're not jinxed! This time it's gonna work out, I can feel it, right here! Alya:what's this about being jinxed?
Juleka sighs. Juleka:ever since I was little, every time someone takes a photo of me, something always goes very wrong. Rose:you're wrong Juleka, you'll see! Chloe:for sure! We'll do everything we can to make sure it goes right this time. Don't forget to smile! Juleka smiles. Photographer:thank you kids, you've been wonderful. The man straightens everything for Alya's  class. Photographer:ok, time to flash your pearly whites, guys! You kids take a seat in the front bench. He gestures for Max, Alix, Rose, Alya,  Mylène, Aurore and Mireille to sit down in the front row and they sit down. Photographer:quickly please, I've got sixteen other classes to take pictures of. Adrien:the new album is really good. The rest of the class are whispering. Marinette:look Sabrina, they're up front in the baby seats! Go on rugrats, don't forget to take your thumbs out of your mouths! I'm not talking about you, sweet Alya. Chloe grunts. Photographer:well, next row! Hmmm...You, you, you, you and you go stand behind the first row, please. He points at Nino, Adrien, Juleka, Kim, and Ivan. Marinette:wait just one minute! Me and Sabrina are supposed to be in the middle row, behind Alya. Preferably the center. Photographer:nah, go stand in the back row, behind the rest. Marinette gasps. Marinette:how dare you, put me behind the rest?! Photographer:hurry up and take your place, or I'll put you up front with the babies! Marinette grins. Marinette:yes please!
Photographer:okay. Go ahead. Marinette pulls Sabrina with her and they sit next to Alya.
Photographer:okay? Is everyone happy? The man looks at the students. Photographer:perfect! You guys are awesome! Now stop squirming and let's get this photo shot! Chloe:uh, excuse me sir, you forgot Juleka. Photographer:huh? Ah sorry, my bad! Go stand in the middle row, next to that blonde haired boy. Juleka walks over to stand next to Adrien. Chloe:and you're gonna be right in the center! All eyes will be on you! No more jinxed class photos!
Photographer:no, this isn't right! Something's not working here! You, move over there will you? Lets see... The man tries to find a good spot for Ivan.
Mr Damocles:excuse me, but do we have a problem?
Photographer:it doesn't matter where I put him, it throws the whole picture out of whack! The man sighs. Photographer:you, over here, you here, and you here. Everyone changes spots. Photographer:there, perfect! Say spaghetti!
Everyone:spaghetti! The camera shows low battery.
Photographer:oh, I don't believe this! I'm sorry, I have to go and fetch another battery. Nobody move! Juleka gasps then looks sadly away. Juleka:can I go to the bathroom? Ms Bustier:yes Juleka, but hurry!
Mr Damocles:Ms. Bustier! He said nobody is to move! Ms Bustier:it's an emergency sir! Mr Damocles growls angrily. Marinette:make sure she doesn't come back! Sabrina nods. Sabrina:Ms Bustier, I need to go too! Juleka goes inside the bathroom, followed by Sabrina, who blocks the handle with a wooden chair and giggles. Juleka gasps at the giggling and tries to open the door but the chair is in the way. Juleka:hello? Is anyone there?