Chapter 8

8

We arrived at the hospital and I knew I was going to faint. Leon had suggested I'd change which made me blush and run to my room. I looked into the bathroom and tried to wash away the blood from my hands. It wasn't ahy help since it only made my hands even more red. I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail and put on some jeans. I pulled a sweater over my face and saw that I too, was bleeding. I had gotten a cut on my hand and I hand't even noticed.

My clothes were all stained and Leon already had a gause to wrap around my palm. I let him do it and then slippe dinto my sneakers. Leon carried me bride style and ran to his car. I noticed that he was going super fast and before I knew it, I was sitting in his car all buckled up. I was confused and dumbfounded.

We arrived at the hospital and I rushed inside. "Terry Evers." I said breathless. The lady typed in the name and then looked at me. "Room 214." she said. I froze a bit, the two-hundreds were the emergency rooms. I felt Leon behind me and I turned to look at him. He looked into my eyes and nodded. He led the way and I followed him like a dog follows his owner.

We arrived at the elevator and we waited for a while. When the elevator got there, which seemed like forever, I pushed myself in. I pushed the 2 button and then felt the elevator rise. The doors opened and I ran through the halls, looking for the room. when I found it, I opened the door.

Terry was on the bed asleep with my father at his bed side. My dad looked up at me and then stood up. He rushed to me and gave me a hug. "The doctor's said that they can't do anything. he lost too much blood and he is in a coma." I felt my heart shatter and I broke down. I pulled away from my dad and ran to my brother.

"Terry, I know you can get through this." I whispered. "I will be here with you everyday. Just please don't leave me." I said. I grabbed his hand and held it tight. My dad walked out of the room and I was alone, with my brother. "I love you Terry." I said and kissed his hand.

For the next few weeks was the same schedule. Wake up, go to school, visit Terry, do homework, and go to bed. I barely had time to eat let alone talk to Leon. Everyone in school gave me this look that i couldn't stand. I had to change to be ale to keeo Bree from ordering me around. I stopped doing homework and the teachers didnt tell me anything because they felt sorry for me.

I would look in the mirror and not be able to recognize myself. One day, I was deciding on what to wear. I three pairs of skinny jeans in the closet, and a skin tight shirt. I didn't have anything else to wear, so I grabbed the black jeans and the white shirt and some black vans. I put on a jacket and grabbed my book bags.

I walked into school campus and I knew that I would never go back to being my old self again.

~~~~~~~~~

I went to the hospital, after the third week or so, and went to my brother's room. the first thing I noticed was that doctors kept going in and out of the room. I heard a very familiar deep voice coming from inside and I felt my heart leap. I ran to the room and froze at the door. Terry was a awake, a little weak but he was up.

He turned to look at the door and we stared at eachother. I felt the tears prick my eyes. "Aly." he breathed out. I took a slow step into the room hoping, wishing that I wasn't dreaming, that it wouldn't go away, and smiled at him. As soon as I knew that he wouldn't just dispapear or that I wasn't dreaming, I ran to his bedside and gave him a huge hug. Only until then, did I let the tears fall.

I felt his arms coming around my back and I couldn't have been wishing to be anywhere else but here. I noticed that the room had gotten really quiet. I turned around and saw that the doctors had stopped moving and watched as we held on to eachother. I reluctently stood up and looked at Terry.

He smiled at me and I could tell he was, aslo, on the verge of crying. "Terry!" I heard a squeal behind me. I felt the smile drop from my face and saw Terry's eyes light up. I turned to see Bree. She stood on the doorway wearing a mini skirt and a tank top even though the weather was barely above thirty degrees. She ran in her hooker heels and jumped on Terry. I saw Terry flinch as she hit him and he groaned in pain. She didn't seem to even care the least and that infuriated me.

I saw the pain on Terry's face and the way he tried to push bree off so I decided to do something. "You're hurting him. Can't you see?" I asked. It was a retortical question but Bree took it seriously.

"He isn't hurting. He is just glad to see me." she said. She still hadn't pulled away from him so I grabbed her arm and yanked her off my brother. She gave me this death glare and slapped me across the face. I looked at her and socked her in the face. She took a step back, holding her nose, and ran out. I took a deep breath trying to calm down and turned to look at Terry.

"I have to go." I said and also left the room.