Part 3: Meeting the Team

"First, let's go find Rin, she's the only girl on the team and an excellent medical ninja. With a little more training I think she could easily surpase most of the doctors at the hospital. She's usually running errands for her grandmother on her off day so she should be around here somewhere." Minato-sensei explained as he led me to a market. I looked at all the shops around me with curiosity. "Ah, there she is. Rin!" Minato-sensei called and I followed him as he sped up to meet a young girl, maybe a little older than myself as she struggled to open a door with two full paper sacks of groceries. I ran ahead and opened the door for her without a work. She looked up at me with a grateful smile. "Thanks. My name's Nohara Rin, nice to meet you!" She greeted me and I nodded. "My name is-""Rin this is Hisakawa Asa, she's going to be training with us to prepare for the Jounin exams with Kakashi." Minato-sensei cut me off as he caught up, giving me an amused look for a second. "Really? You're taking the Jounin exams?" She didn't say it rudely, just simply in shock. I shrugged innocently and nodded. "Actually, we were planning on meeting for lunch then heading to the training grounds later if you would like to join us." Minato-sensei explained. "But sensei I thought you were on a mission." Rin said still struggling to hold the groceries. 

"It has been delayed, or possibly cancelled at this time. I will explain when we meet." As Minato-senei said this I did a few quick hand signs and said, "Shadow Clone Jutsu!" under my breath creating a perfectly solid clone with ease. My clone took one of the bags from Rin. "Oh, Thank you again, Asa-chan." Rin exclaimed in surprise and I shrugged. "How about we meet outside the Uchiha compound in thirty minutes, we are going to gather Kakashi and Obito while you take care of those groceries." Minato-sensei said and Rin nodded in understanding. "Hai!" She left quickly with my clone in tow. "I see you excell at the Shadow Clone Jutsu." Minato said as he lead me in the opposite dirrection of where we just came from. I shrugged. "It was one of the first things I learned. Hitoshi-sensei used as a test to get an idea of my chakara reserves." I explained and he seemed a little surprised but unfazed overall. It is not uncommon for students to move at a faster than usual pace when studying abroad. "Another prodigy then hmm." Minato-sensei said under his breath but I didn't have a chance to respond as I realized we had arrived at a set of training grounds. I quickly noticed another child, this one also my age practicing what seemed to be some lightining jutsus. 

"Kakashi!" Minato-sensei called as we approached, though the child had already turned to great us. I was in awe for a second as to how his hair all seemed to be standing straight up and to the side a little, also the unusual gray color. 'Who am I to judge strange hair colors.' I thought to myself and took in the rest of his appearance, not really listening as Minato-sensei introduced me and explained the plan for me to train with them and inviting him to eat with us. He wore what seemed to be a standard ninja outfit, a green flak jacket to symbolize his status as a Chunnin, a black shirt, black pants and standard sandals. I also took not of his cloth mask that covered his face all the way up to the end of his nose, stopping just under his eyes, the grey eyes taking in my appearance as well. I had left my hood down, but my outfit was covered by my cloak I had yet to take off. "So if you would like to join us in retrieving Obito we will be meeting Rin right after." Minato-sensei offered and he nodded wordlessly as he continued to take me in. I looked up at Minato-sensei to see him looking at his student with fondness in his eyes, a small smile taking over his face as he looked between us before catching my confused eyes and only shaking his head before leading us away. 

As we walked I could feel Kakashi observing me, I wasn't mad because I was doing the same. Watching the ease in his stance and noting how his hands twitched towards his weapons pouch when a chipmunk suddenly crossed our path, chased by several dogs, strays to be the looks of them. He was relaxed but each movement he made spoke of someone who was always ready to take action at the slightest notice. 'He must be the prodigy Minato-sensei spoke of, the way he holds himself is that of a ninja far beyond his years and the fact he's taking the Jounin exams with me' I observed. I snapped out of our thoughts as we entered the Uchiha compound. Two gaurds nodded in respect to Minato-sensei before watching me with curiosity and maybe a bit of wariness as I followed my sensei and new teammate into the compound. We were soon approached by a very er..energitic child of my own age. He was wearing a grey set of orange tinted goggles under his headband, along with an navy blue outfit with orange sections. He practically bounced his whole way up to us and I didn't fail to notice the irritated sigh Kakashi let out at his arrival.