Chapter 19

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP..........

The steady sound of beeps awoke me from my deep deep slumber.

My body was stiff and my eyes seemed to be glued shut.

Am I dead?

I peeked one eye open and quickly shut it again, for the light was too blinding.

After a minute I tried again and looked away from the light, blinking a few times before my eyes adjusted.

I was in a hospital bed.

In a hospital room.

Just, not any hospital room.

Too high tech, I must be in SHIELD.

I looked to my body and saw there was a big bandage wrapped around my stomach and the rest of my body was thankfully covered with clothing.

There was an IV sticking out of the top of my hand and on my left hand there was a heart monitor placed over my middle finger.

Currently there was no one else in the room except me.

I sighed a deep sigh but immediately sucked it back in as my stomach muscles tightened in pain.

Might not want to do that again.

I thought to myself.

I gazed around the room looking for some way to contact someone when the door burst open.

" Bruce!" I smiled.

He sighed in relief as he came over and kissed me on the cheek.

" thanks goodness your ok! " he said.

He walked over to a small table and picked up his clipboard, flipping through it slowly.

" of course I'm ok Bruce! What happened?" I asked.

He leaned up against the wall and cleared his throat.

" after you went all ya know glowing and stuff, Jeremy died and then as soon as he died, the entire army was dead as well. Electra found you in critical condition. We barely got you in time."

I sucked in my lips and nodded." So what happened to me?"

He sighed." You broke three of your ribs, broke your lower left leg when you fell from the sky, and you got majorly wounded in your stomach, but that'll heal in a couple days. The one in your left shoulder however will take longer, since it was so much closer to your heart."

I groaned loudly and tilted my head back.

" two questions. Where's Steve. And when's Thor and Janes wedding?"

He smirked a little and walked to the door.

Just before opening it, he looked to me." Steve's outside and their weddings tomorrow. Also your brother has some news."

I raised an eyebrow as he called out the door." You guys can come in now. She's awake."

There was a loud banging sound and I could hear the voices of all my friends.

" SHE'S AWAKE SHE'S AWAKE!! EVERYONE SHE'S AWAKE!!!"

I snorted loudly at the excitement in jakes voice.

The burst through the door, falling over one another.

I couldn't hold it in anymore and I squealed loudly." Hey guys!!"