Chapter 6

It was Friday and Felix was currently in the car with all of the other members. They had all decided to go to a new café in town for brunch. Last night Hyunjin had confessed to Felix that he thought he was in love with Changbin. Felix had pretended to take it well but inside he was hurting. He had almost began to think that liking Changbin was okay for him to do. But Hyunjin had forced those thoughts to an abrupt stop. He didn't want to steal anyone from Hyunjin, but honestly it's not as if Changbin would ever see him like that anyways. Changbin would probably be better off with Hyunjin than he'd ever be with him.

Felix sighed. He had told Hyunjin last night with some fake exaggerated smile that he supported him. He told him he was happy for him. He told him he should make a move. Felix was hurting while telling him all of this, of course. His own feelings for Changbin were in the way. Changbin didn't need someone toxic like Felix in his life. Felix was just a depressed boy with anxiety who wanted to kill himself. Felix hated himself. And Hyunjin was the opposite. Hyunjin was happy and confident, he loved himself. Who wouldn't prefer Hyunjin over Felix? After all, how could anyone love someone so pathetic. Felix's own thoughts made him sad. But he knew they must be true.

Some song was playing on the radio that Felix recognized a bit, but not enough to care about it. He looked out the window at the buildings passing by. He wanted to avoid looking at Hyunjin who was probably flirting with Changbin right now. However, he couldn't block out Hyunjin's obnoxiously loud "Binnieee! Are you listening to me?"

Felix furrowed his brows. He was tuned in now and listened for Changbin's reply but he heard none. Geez, poor Hyunjin honestly. He couldn't blame Changbin though, Hyunjin could be annoying sometimes.

Felix's curiosity got the better of him and he turned to face where he knew Changbin and Hyunjin were sitting. Felix's eyes widened as he turned to see that Changbin was staring directly at him, lost in thought. Hyunjin was pouting beside him and whining to get his attention. Changbin noticed Felix caught him staring and offered a small smile to the younger, to which Felix's eyes softened and he smiled gently back at Changbin.

Hyunjin looked between them and glared slightly at Felix "Ugh." Hyunjin gave up and fell backwards in his seat.

Felix took notice of the other things happening around him. Woojin was singing along to the radio softly as Chan watched him with admiration in his eyes, a smile on his face. Minho and Jisung were fighting but at the same time looked like they wanted to make out. Jeongin was trying to get Minho and Jisung to stop fighting, the youngest obliviously not realizing anything else but the anger between them. And Seungmin was staring at Hyunjin. There was a sadness in his eyes that Felix couldn't quite place, but before he had time to really question it, they had arrived at the café.

Once they had all sat down, Felix took in the smells of the café. His stomach rumbled and he tried to remember the last time he had eaten. A few days ago? Well, Felix was sure it was fine. He was going to be eating now anyways.

He looked over the menu, not seeing a whole lot he particularly liked until his eyes stopped over a chocolate croissant. He'd always been fond of sweet things and pastries so he decided to order two of those. As he sat back and waited for the waitress to come take their order, he looked around the table.

He finally realized, that he was sitting between Changbin on his right and Chan on his left. Hyunjin was, of course, on the other side of Changbin. There wasn't too much chatter around the table at the moment, most of the others were still deciding what to order.

"Changbinnie, what are you gonna order?" Hyunjin's voice was sickeningly sweet again. And he put his hands on Changbin's thigh as he spoke.

Changbin pushed his hand away and told him he didn't know yet, leaving Hyunjin to mope while Changbin turned to Felix. "What are you getting, Lix? You're getting something, right? I don't think I've seen you eat in a bit." Changbin had noticed that Felix already put his menu down so he assumed he was ready.