Ch.13

Ch. 13
The top three girl contestants stood on the stage. Logan was already crowned king. Roxy had an evil expression on her face. I took a deep breath. " And the winner is...Lexi bridges! Congratulations!" the DJ scram.
I looked at Roxy only to see her smile, like she didn't care. I stood ahead of the contestants, and leaned forward to receive my crown. It was placed on my head. Logan and I kissed in front of everyone. The crowd awed. We danced in the center of the ball room. Everyone stared at us dance, slowly joining in. I stared into his eyes, he looked into mine. We kissed for a long time. I saw a bright flash under my sealed eyes. It was Dany on yearbook duty. Now I had to buy one-for this great memory. I rested my head on his shoulder. He rubbed my back slowly, as we swayed across the room from side to side.
When the song died out, I went to go get punch for the both of us. After I filled them, I turned around and saw Logan kissing Roxy. Roxy held his face close, so it would be everlasting. I was sad and disappointed. I was hurt, I wanted our relationship to end-but then I didn't. I loved him so much. My insides were aching. My heart was hurting, it felt like I was physically punched in the face. I looked at my promise ring. It was badly sworn. It was a lie. I saw that Logan just might have enjoyed it-missed it almost. Roxy released.
" I love you too Logan," she looked at me. Logan turned around and stared. He nodded his head in his own disbelief.
" I'm sorry Lexi. He just kissed me, and I couldn't say no to those lips. You understand what I mean, right?" she said apologetically, but sarcastically.
I pushed passed her and stood before Logan. He was still nodding his head no. I stared at my ring once more, and slid it off. A tear rode down my face. I handed it to him. I felt his hand once more. Soft, large, warm, -goodbye. I looked down, my lips were quivering. I looked back up at him. His face was regretful and sorry. I was sorry too. I shook my head, shunned him, and walked out of the ball room crying.