Ch.2

Ch.2

I woke up this morning throwing up. I checked my temperature and I wasn't sick. I went to the drug store and bought a pregnancy thermometer. I was pregnant. I was going to have a baby and Jake was going to be the father. Oh no, Jake would never-scratch that. I was alone. I didn't want to tell my parents. They would freak, it wasn't like me. They would be disappointed. I wanted a way out of this. I felt queasy.

I went to Jake's house to tell him what happened. I felt sheepish.
" awe man. How am I ganna get some now? We can butt f***?"

He didn't understand, " no I need you to support me, okay?" I started to explain to him but he shook his head and interrupted me.

He laughed, " There is no way in hell that's happening!" he slammed the door on me. I cried. What was I going to do. What was I thinking! I had no escape from this. I thought of abortion-shamefully. I couldn't, my family and I were dedicated Christians.

I stayed in my room looking out the window, watching the day turn to night. Occasionally taking a trip to the bathroom. There were tear and snot tissues everywhere. I felt like my life was taking a bad turn. I wouldn't be popular? I would have been a whore! Why didn't I see this before! Lexi wasn't pregnant and she got away with things. She was well rounded with the school, people seemed to still like her. She was captain of the track team, a popular cheerleader, and a trend setter that worked for the schools newspaper. She was also very pretty. I got angry. I hated her. I blamed her for my failure of not being her. I was wrong. She didn't do anything. I did.

I went to an illegal doctor. He said that he had a pill that would make the baby develop and arrive faster. I didn't think it was possible. But I did want to have a big belly for months and months and months. I wanted it out.

" It will hurt a lot more, just a warning," he stressed.

I thought about it, and I accepted the pill. The pain would only last a couple of minutes right?