Goodbye

Hours later, Jack had crawled out from behind the counter at the front of his shop. He got on his feet and dusted whatever flour and crumbs that got on him off.
"Ah, you've awakened just in time for me to say good bye!" the prince exclaimed, his grass-green eyes shining a bit. Jack's own blue eyes looked tired.
"Oh, so soon? Wouldn't you like a bite to eat?" the baker asked, starting towards the kitchen. He was stopped by a hand being placed on his shoulder.
"You needn't stress. I've already eaten. I thank you for your hospitality, Mr. Kennedy," Dave said. "Perhaps I can return soon."
"Perhaps so." the baker said, gently shaking out of the prince's touch.
"Children, get dressed. Ms. Rebecca is watching you two today while I do work." Jack told his children. The two groaned and waved a polite goodbye to their prince.
"Bye, Prince Davie!" Suzanne said in her loud voice.
"See you later, your highness!" Richard followed. Both children flashed a quick grin and then ran off.
"Well, I suppose this is goodbye for now, my Prince." Jack said, wiping his hands on his shirt. Dave nodded and smiled a bit.
"I left something on the counter for you and your little ones." he said, and with that he gave Jack's hand a polite kiss and was off.
Jack had been awestruck, but shook it off to check the counter.
"OH HEAVENS!" he shouted, scaring Suzanne and Richard.
"Papa?! What's wrong?!" the two exclaimed.
"Forget going to the seamstress!! We're gonna be closed for today, the prince, he left us some money! I'm taking you two into town!" the baker said, a grateful tone in his voice.