Off Into Town

Jack just couldn't believe that the prince had left so much for them. He immediately got Suzanne and Richard ready for a trip to town.
"Papa, when did we get all this money?" Suzanne asked.
"Oh that prince, that lovely prince, he's left us with something wonderful and if he returns we must thank him." the baker replied.
The small family finally left the bakery.
"Is that the baker?" "I don't recall him being so attractive." "Attractive? I don't recall him being happy!" "Look at that grin on his face, something good must've happened."
Jack heard the words of his fellow neighbors. He went to a clothing shop and got things for his Richard and Suzanne.
"And how do you plan to pay this?" the shopkeep asked.
"I got a special loan from someone." Jack replied. He slid over a few of those shiny coins and left. He had the children carry a bag each, and then went to a small market.
"Jack Kennedy, as I live and breathe. Still sinning?" a woman asked. Harry came out of the back and gasped.
"Jacky boy, you've left your cave!" Harry said, going to his friend and embracing him.
"Hello, Harry, my good phone head. I'm just here for a few small items, flour, eggs, uhh," he looked to his children.
"I really want this bird." Richard said, pointing to a large chicken.
"Okay, we'll take the chicken. Suzanne?" he looked at his daughter. She picked up a small cat that was walking around.
"Can we get the kitty?" she asked.
"Oh, that's one of Lara's kittens! We've been selling them quite cheap!" Harry's wife exclaimed.
"I'll give you what I owe for groceries, payments on house, plus 3 extra gold for everything ive mentioned." Jack said.
The couple gasped and proceeded to witness jack count out what he owed. They quickly got the things he needed.
"Thank you, Harry. Rochelle." Jack nodded towards them, paid, and left with his items and his children.
Isn't it odd that the poor man now affords finer items?