Back at the Palace

Dave had returned to his home, dreading the question his father would ask. He entered through the main hall and braced himself for the loud booming voice of the king.
"Dave!! My son, you've returned!" Henry shouted joyously, rising from his throne to embrace the prince. "Oh how I've missed you!"
Dave groaned and wiggled free from his fathers hold.
"You act like one of the mothers in the village." he said in an exhausted tone. Young women and men had attempted to break into the bakery and kidnap him during his stay and he was tired.
"Son, you're so cold, don't hurt an old mans feelings like this," the king said, sadness dropping his voice an octave. "I'm just happy to see you."
"I know, father," Dave began. "I'm just tired. The baker allowed me to stay in the spare room of the bakery and villagers kept me up all night."
"Is the baker the fine woman who allowed you to stay in her dwelling an evening?" Henry asked, his interest peaked.
Dave hesitated. He'd promised to find a bride, not a temporary friendship. Perhaps he could lie.
"Er, yes. She's a widow with two kids. Uhh..." Dave stopped a moment. "She's rather shy, though! Not worth meeting immediately!"
"Do you find this baker lovely?" the king asked. "This is my last question, then you may go and rest "
Dave thought again. Did he find Jack at all lovely in any sense? Jack was polite, and he had such kind intentions. His voice was calming and had been stuck in Dave's head all day. Yes, Dave did find Jack lovely.
"Oh she's absolutely stunning, father," the prince finally replied. "Just stunning."
"Thats all I needed. You may go." King Henry said, dismissing his son.