Chapter two

"Freddy, Y/N. This is Billy Batson. Make sure you make him feel at home, okay? Maybe don't say anything too weird Freddy." Rosa says.

"Oh, one weird thing is you know the Romans used to brush their teeth with their urine? And apparently it works." Freddy says as I help him get up.

I laugh because I know he learned that the other day and always said it out of nowhere. Rosa walks out after what Freddy said. Billy wanders around looking at everything and walks over to window looking out.

"Is he thinking about leaving? Already?"

"Oh, it's, uh, it's a long way down. Trust me, I speak from experience." Freddy says to Billy.

"What a little liar" I thought while trying my hardest not to laugh.

"Victor pushed me. They seem nice, but don't buy it. It gets real Game Of Thrones around here."

I stifle my laugh.

"What?" Billy responds. I couldn't keep it in anymore, me and Freddy start laughing.

"Dude, I'm just messing around. It's, um, it's terminal cancer, I have three months." Freddy says. Billy looks confused.

This time I really crack up, the look on Billy's face was priceless.

Then Freddy says "Kidding, again! You look at me and you're like, 'Why so dark? You're a disabled foster kid, you've got it all.' Right?" Billy then walks over to Freddy's "nerd center" as I like to call it.

"Oh, yeah, that's the, uh, the old batarang. I mean it's a replica, but feel how sharp." Freddy says as he shows off his collection. Billy touches the batarang as I watch Freddy geek out. "Could kill you in your sleep with that thing. You remember Supes guy? Yeah, me too." Freddy says even though Billy hasn't given any response. "Behold, the holy grail. One nine millimeter round shot at Superman himself. It's legit. Probably worth, I dunno, $5-600, maybe more." Freddy says as he holds up the little bullet held in a Ziplock bag, in front of Billy.

I love seeing Freddy being able to show off his prized possessions to another guy. Yes, I love talking to Freddy about superhero's but it starts to get a little repetitive, so now that Billy is here, he can have a guy friend to talk to.

"What's in the bag?" Freddy says as he turns Billy so he can look at the dark green backpack with a tiger patch that is on Billy's back.

"Hey!" Billy says as he turns back to get his backpack out of Freddy's hand.

"Hey, it's all good. It's good to maintain boundaries." Freddy says.

"Oh he's not to good at respecting them though." I laugh as they both turn to me, Billy now realizing I was there.

"Who are you?" Billy says, gesturing towards me.

"My name's Y/N, I'm Freddy's twin sister." I answer.

"Okay, cool I guess." Billy says.

"Yeah." I say with an annoyed tone.

"I mean, this place is great. Me and Y/N have been here a few years, you're gonna love it." Freddy says. Billy just slightly nods at Freddy's remark.

Billy goes to the restroom and I go to my room.

"Dinner!" I hear Victor yell so I go downstairs.

"All hands on deck!" Victor says as he stands up. Once we're all standing up and have our hands stacked in the air like a football team would before a game, Victor starts the prayer. "Thank you for this family. Thank you for this day. Thank you for this food. Even if it's not steak fillet." We laugh at his remark then sit down and start to eat.

"Why didn't Billy put his hand in the middle? He's part of the family now." I just give him a side eye and continue eating.

(edited)