Pastels At Night - Part 3

“They did what to you?” Apollo seethed.

Hermes flinched. “...they carved-”

“No. No I heard the first time. Just. Holy shit that's so disgusting.”

Apollo was pacing. Fidgeting with his ukulele, tuning it at record speeds.

Murderous anger poured off him.

“Apollo Its-”

“No don't you fucking say it's okay because that is most definitely not okay what they did is so incredibly fucked up and no-fucking-body would be fine.”

Hermes curled his arms around himself defensively.

He didn't want to fight.

“I'm going to kill them.” He declared. “I will snap their necksNo one does this shit to my little brother. Ever.

“Please don't…” Hermes started.

“Don't what? Kill them? Because I fucking will. No one. No one does this shit to my brother. No one fucking tears apart my kid brother’s essence.”

Hermes somehow made himself smaller. Apollo's hoodie was already big on him, but he seemed to retreat into it even more. His arms were reflexively wrapped around himself. Almost like he was trying to physically hold himself together.

“..yell.” Hermes murmured, his voice almost inaudible.

Apollo froze, a million emotions passed through his face but he landed on shame. “Of course..”

Hermes flinched at the tone he used. Hermes hadn't meant to upset him.

“I need to take a walk.” He turned towards the exit. “Meg. Stay with him.”

Hermes opened his mouth to protest, but Apollo had already stormed out.

Hermes curled into his arms fully, retreating into a ball on the couch he was sitting on.

He left.

He's gone.

What if he never comes back?

Meg could see the obvious quivering in his shoulders.

Meanwhile, Apollo was walking. Fists clenched and blood boiling.

How dare they. How fucking dare they.

Tearing apart someone essence is disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Absolutely vile.

Going through everything a deity is and defiling them is sick.

Apollo knew he couldn't be around Hermes without distressing him further.

What they did to him was absolutely sick.