Reconciling

As Clarke brought the knife to Jasper's wound, I couldn't bear to watch. I closed my eyes as Jasper began to scream.

"Hold him still. I need to cut away the infected flesh," Clarke shouted at Finn, Wells, and I. Suddenly I heard someone climbing up the ladder.

"Stop it! You're killing him!" Octavia yelled as she came to squat between Clarke and I. Someone else was climbing the ladder too.

"She's trying to save his life," Finn replied.

"She can't," Bellamy stated coldly.

"Back off," Wells stood up to meet him.

"We didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die," Clarke explained as Jasper continued to moan.

"Kid's a goner. If you can't see that, you're deluded. He's making people crazy," He replied. My blood began to boil.

"Sorry if Jasper's an inconvenience to you, but this isn't the Ark. Down here, every life matters," Clarke seethed, but Octavia looked at her as if she wasn't convinced. "Octavia, I've spent my whole life watching my mother heal people. If I say there's hope, there's hope." She nodded in response.

"This isn't about hope, it's about guts. You don't have the guts to make the hard choices. I do. He's been like this for three days. If he's not better by tomorrow, I'll kill him myself," Bellamy warned.

"Like hell you will!" I shouted at him, standing up to meet his gaze; he looked dumbfounded. "You aren't going to touch a hair on Jasper's head."

"And why's that," he attempted to look amused.

"Because you've gotta go through me, and I think I've already proven that you wouldn't dare lay a finger on me," I hissed and he glared back at me, attempting to hold my gaze. "I don't know what the hell your problem is today, but none of us have time of patience for it."

"Octavia, let's go," he called to her, still not breaking eye contact with me.

"I'm staying here," she replied without even turning to look at him. I watched as he bit the inside of his cheek in frustration and turned to leave. I refused to take my eyes off of him until he was at the bottom of the ladder.

"Power-hungry, self-serving jackass. He doesn't care about anyone but himself, " Monty hissed as I made my way back to my position, then caught himself and looked at Octavia."No offense." She shrugged.

"Yeah. Bellamy is all that. But he also happens to be right," Finn responded, making eye contact with Clarke.

--------------------------------------------------

An hour passed and I desperately needed some fresh air. It had taken much longer to fix Jasper up than anyone in there had anticipated. Alright, enough relaxation, I have a bone to pick. I scoured the camp for Murphy and finally found him, still practicing his knife throwing. 

"Where's Bellamy," I snapped at him.

"Cool it, he's on a hunt," He raised his hands in submission. "What happened?"

"He threatened Jasper, and my hand is burning to meet his face," I explained coldly.

"You don't really mean that," he smirked at me.

"What the hell does that mean?" I furrowed my brow at him.

"C'mon, everyone in camp can see the sexual tension. He's in a bad mood cuz you went and fucked Cassidy and flirted with her right in front of him," Murphy accused.

"That's some steamy goddamn bullshit. He's been fucking other girls since we got down here and I'm not pissed at him for it, but when I do the same, I'm the bad guy? He can fuck off," I shouted back. "Why didn't you fuckin' tell me about this earlier?"