Chapter Sixteen - Forever

Uhhh there's one (1) swear word in this chapter, but it's censored and honestly just felt appropriate 

Just so you know

——

-Rachel-

"Something different?" I sneered. "What, are you actually going to kill me? I didn't think you had it in you." Instead of answering, Bam launched a shot of shinsu toward one of the guards. The guard went flying across the room, smashing into the wall with a sickening crack.

I took a step back. Is he actually serious?

Bam stepped forward, his footsteps tapping on the stone floor. Tap, tap, tap. "I don't want to kill you, Rachel. I don't particularly want to hurt you either. I want to capture you." "Didn't work out so well for you last time, did it?" I tried to maintain a facade of bravado, but he's so much stronger now.

I'm too weak.

"I want information," Bam answered in an even tone. "You know about my mother." "Oh, so now you want information. Always chasing after me for some reason or another, aren't you?" I smirked. "What, are you in love with me or something?" Bam looked taken aback. "Um, no? Definitely not. You were like a sister to me growing up. I loved you like family." Bam's expression changed to one of rueful sadness. "I guess not even family lasts forever, does it?"

I was silent.

-Bam-

After all that time, she was still family. I still thought I could have her back someday. The first person I'd ever met. How could she have abandoned me? No, she was going to come back someday.

But after what she's done, I realize now.

Nothing will ever go back to the way it was before. I want to learn about myself, and I want to be with Khun.

All I want is to be happy, and for my friends to be happy.

"Love doesn't last forever, huh?" Rachel rasped. "Death's pretty final too, you know." I grinned. "You know what, Rachel?"

"You don't understand love."

Ice began to form around Rachel's feet and ankles, trapping her in place. Behind Rachel, a figure dropped down from the ceiling.

"Miss me, Rachel?" Khun mocked.

-Khun-

"That-that's impossible," Rachel stammered out. "You're dead, I killed you!" I grinned. "I lived, b*tch."

"I blew your heart up! How do you live after that?" I shrugged. "I admit, it was a pretty good attempt. I was in a frozen stasis for two years." I advanced toward her. "You really think you accomplished something? You? You harnessed godlike power and you still couldn't kill me. What can you do right?"

"Shut up!" she yelled. "Shut! Up!"

"Aww, sore subject?"

Rachel snarled. She pulled a knife out of her robe and charged toward me. I easily sidestepped her. "Pitiful." Yura swung her suitcase, then froze midswing. Bam was standing behind her, his hand outstretched. The room's guards froze in panic, and in that split second Bam easily dealt with them.

I stalked towards Rachel, my footsteps echoing. Tap, tap, tap. Rachel crawled backwards, backing into the wall.

"Well, Rachel," I said. "Looks like you're coming with us."

——

I meant to get this out before Halloween, but I haven't had a lot of writing time lately. I finished it literally minutes before this goes up. I hope you enjoy, and thank you for not losing patience with me.