Chapter Twenty-Five - Fight

-Elaine POV-

I tried to hide the smile on my face as I walked towards the room Michael had requested me from. The perfect opportunity laid right here at my feet. Fenryl would eat the wave controller before he had a chance to do anything.

I stopped right outside the door. A frightening presence was coming from somewhere in the mansion. I didn't know what it was, but it didn't feel...right. It felt almost like Bam, but less human. A sense of not belonging like the irregular, and something monstrous.

Biting my lip, I pushed the door open. Michael was there, but so was the big guy Khun had observed with his lighthouse.

The feeling was coming from him.

It's a trap.

"Ah, Ellis. So nice of you to join us." Michael offered a fake smile. "Or should I say...Lo Po Bia Elaine?"

I stiffened. He knows.

"Hah." I ran a hand through my hair. "That didn't last long at all, huh. Oh well. Pretending to be submissive was getting on my nerves."

"So what are you going to do?" Michael was still smiling. "Are you going to fight us?"

"Naturally." I bared a grin of my own, sharp like the fangs of a wolf. "The only person who's ever beaten me in a thousand years is on my side. You aren't even comparable to him, evangelist Michael."

"I'm not," Michael agreed. "But he should do just fine, don't you think?"

The big guy stepped forward. I couldn't tell what he was, honestly. Sharp teeth gleamed from where they formed a gruesome grin on his face. His deep red skin was the color of fresh blood, although the only part of it uncovered was the bottom half of his face. A single glowing eye peeked out from the darkness shading his face. It looked almost like a black hole. Empty, but sucking you in all the same. It kind of reminded me of Bam's eyes. But unlike his, Bam's were full of light and emotion while sucking you in all the same.

The parallels between Bam and this monster were worrying. Could this be another irregular? Even at the height of my power, I lost to Bam. His power was barely a fraction of what it is now. If this thing is as strong as he was even back then, I stand no chance.

But I have to try. I wasn't the peak of evil on the Name Hunt Station for nothing. I will win this fight.

"Kill her, Ghost."

Ghost remained stationary. Remain cautious. You know nothing about your opponent. I attack with my reel inventory, intending to tie him up. Ghost still stands there.

A swirling purple bang forms above his head. Another wave controller? Damn. The shinsu shot towards my needles, decimating them instantly. That shinsu is like nothing I've ever seen before. What the hell?

I looked around for Michael, but he was gone. Crap. Where'd he go? This isn't good.

I summoned Fenryl, who bit into Ghost. He stumbled, but continued basically unimpaired. Even Bam had been wounded severely by Fenryl's bites. Was this Ghost even human? Or was he as his name implied?

I would have to hold him off on my own until help arrived.

——

I'm going through TOG withdrawal now that the anime has ended and SIU's on hiatus. I hope he gets better soon.

Thank you for reading!