Holiday of a lifetime

Joe POV
It had been a few days since diannes birthday. And none of us have stopped smiling since. Today was the start of India's 3week holiday and I decided I wanted to take her and Dianne away. Being a single dad meant I was never in a position to afford to take her on holidays abroad or really anywhere as I often needed to work or just was unable to fully cover the cost. However since earning this new job I have been able to save up and take my girls on a holiday of a lifetime. I had told dianne about this trip a week ago and of course she was thrilled. Dianne was out this morning so I thought it would Be a good idea to tell India where we were going.
"Princess can you come here"
"Have I been naughty?"
"No of course not but I've got a suprise for you"
"Tell me tell me tell me"
"What's the magic word?"
"Pwease"
"If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?"
"The place that Mia and her mummy went to last year!"
"Do you remember what it's called?"
"Disney land!"
"Well mrs Daddy has got us tickets to go to Disney!"
India gets up and dances round the room until she stops and looks at me, her smile disappearing.
"Daddy is dianne going to come?"
"Of course she is"
Then as quick as anything her smile revives itself and she's back to singing and dancing around the room before charging at me and giving me a huge hug.
"Fank you daddy, I love it"
"Anything for you poppet"
We stay in that position for a while until we hear the door unlock. India jumps up and runs over to the door to greet dianne

Dianne PoV
"Mummy, mummy, mummy we are going to Disney!"
These words made my heart flutter. It was still a guessing game whether dianne or mummy would come out her mouth. I expected it to take some time to fully make the change and that was ok, Joe and I had both sat her down and explained to her that once we went back to school that she would have to call me Miss Buswell whilst we were there, just so others don't get confused or children don't get jealous. This didn't best please her at first but we managed to pursuade her.
"Yes princess isn't it exciting"
"Yes I can't wait to see princess ariel and Cinderella!!"
"I bet you can't!
"When do we go?"
"Tomorrow so I need to go and get ready,, Joe have you already packed?"
"Yep and India's is all done just you to go now!"
"Well I best get a move on"
I walk but the pair of them giving them a kiss on the cheek. As I walk past joe he gives me a quick tap on the bum, probably hoping India wouldn't see,, however the next words I heard were
"You can't hit people's bottoms daddy that's naughty" I laugh before calling back to him
"Yeah joe that's naughty" he would definitely be able to hear the smirk in my voice. I feel like having India brings around a sense of youth in us both. We can both be silly and go on trips away to places like Disney rather than some fancy snobbish place which isn't my cup of tea, nor is it joes. We can still get away with this as she's so young, and even when I'm 70 I would still love the thought of going to the most magical place on earth. Even though joe doesn't know it yet, But I think this trip will be a very positive start to the holiday.