It just takes time

Dianne PoV
The holiday went by so quickly after telling joe and India I was pregnant. The rest of the week was full of laughter, smiles, fun and a lot of cuddles.
We had got back 2days ago and today all of us were going to see our baby for the first time. We had given India the option to come, or to stay with joes mum. She had thought about it for a couple of days before deciding she wanted to come with us.
Neither joe or I had ever gone to one of these scans before so had no idea what to expect.
N "Miss Buswell?"
The three of us jump up hand in hand and head over to the nurse and follow her into the room.
N "So I'm presuming 2nd child?"
D "No actually, this shall be my first, well that I've delivered."
N "Ah so dad this will be your 2nd"
J "Yep"
I could tell that joe didn't really want to tell his whole story life story to a nurse he's only met once, which is understandable after all the circumstances aren't exactly normal.
N "So munchkin are you excited for a baby sibling"
I "Only if it's sissy, boys are icky"
N "Ah well let's hope you get your sister then"
I "Yep if not, I'm going to send him to Australia to live with mummy's family"
D "Well this is the first I'm hearing of this Mrs!"
J "me as well!"
N "don't worry she's not the first child to say something like that and she won't be the last, but she'll get there. It just takes time."
Her words were comforting to me and gave me some kind of piece of mind knowing that she will come to accept her sibling no matter the gender or whoever they turn out to be.
N "now let's see this baby.. see right there is the head, and that noise your hearing is the nice strong heartbeat"
J "wow, I can't believe we made that, there's a person in there, like an actual person, our person... sorry just I never experienced it the first time"
N "it's completely fine I understand, you don't need to tell me everything now, if not at all, I'm not here to judge you, only here to deliver your beautiful baby"
I could visibly see joe relax at those words offering her a small smile, which made me relax knowing he was no longer tense or on edge as that's the last thing we both needed
N "your 10weeks 4days so the next time you come you'll be 16weeks and able to find out the gender of you'd like to"
D "brilliant, thank you so much, see you then."
With that I rub the jelly of my stomach and put my top back down. Joe picks up India whose too engrossed in the iPad to even care what's going on and hand in hand we walk back to the car .
"So India we were thinking do you want to come and pick some toys for the baby today?"
"No, unless you buy me toys as well"
"India-Mai Harper Sugg we do not behave like that say sorry to mummy"
"Sowwy mummy"
"It's ok angel, but because you were naughty you can't get any toys only for baby ok?"
"NO! Me want toys to, me a baby as well, me need looking after too not baby, ME!"
With that she bursts into tears, Joe pulls over to the side of the road, both me and him exchange a look knowing this wasn't the right time to fully discipline her, before jumping out the stationary car and getting into the back moving her into the middle so there was one of us either side of her.
"Shh shh calm down india, your ok" joe tried calming her down and reasoning with her, whilst I stroke her hair. After 10 minutes of crying she slowly drifted of to sleep in diannes arms.
"Well I guess no baby shopping today then!"
"Nope maybe we'll just do that then, don't think I can handle this meltdown each time."
"I really hope she warms up to the idea joe"
"She will, give it time"
"What if we don't have enough time"
"We'll figure something out, we always do"