Chapter 1

Nico's POV:      (*pic above^)

Glancing over my shoulder at my alarm clock 4:55am, well guess I'm up five minutes ahead of schedule. I love getting an early start to my day, feeling refreshed after a good nights sleep I head into the bathroom, brush my teeth do my morning routine and head over to the kitchen for a quick cup of coffee.

Time to put in some gym time down stairs. I'm fortunate to have a two bedroom apartment in an older part of town thats a bit rundown but still safe. It's not cheap though, not many places here in San Francisco are, but I love my life in the Bay area and wouldn't trade it for a new location.

No one's in here as usual I'm the only one enthusiastic enough to wake up during these chilly mornings to hit the gym before sunrise. After a full half hour on the treadmill I do some weights and finish off with plenty of stretching, now I'm definitely ready for breakfast. 

Wonder what Dolly is making today? She's my housemate and is like a younger sister as well as the best cook I know! mmm.. I can smell biscuits and bacon as I come in the door. "Good Morning Dolly, did you sleep well?" I ask.

"I had a late night since I lagged and didn't get my homework done Friday night, forgot all about it over the weekend and had to rush to get it completed before going to bed." Laughing lightly she gives me a hug and a plate of food.

 "I'm glad I'm young enough to function without as many hours of sleep, can't believe it's already Monday. With this being my senior year I really don't have any time to slack off" I shake my head and smile, can't talk with my mouth full of food.

(Pic of Dolly^)

(Pic of Dolly^)

"Hey Nico, we're running low on groceries. I left you a list of items we need, could you bring them on your way home from work today?" I hear her asking me as she walks off into her room down the hall. "Sure, I'm scheduled for a light day of deliveries so I should totally have enough time to drop by the store before coming back." I reply as I pass her room heading to mine, time to get ready for work and head out the door. Grabbing my work jacket, helmet and bike I speed on down the road.

Arriving at work I clock in and am promptly greeted by Mr. Johnson my manager. He hands me a hot cup of coffee while I lean on his desk getting briefed on what my schedule looks like. I've got my usual route with regular customers who need me to run packages to different locations for them on my bike, It's quicker and more effective here in the city amongst all the traffic and pedestrians. I L-O-V-E being a bike messenger! It feels like I'm flying as I dart in and out with the wind in my hair, I get to meet so many people and keep fit all while being paid.