Chapter 25

Nico's POV:

My excitement is building, on the verge of internal chaos! Anya and I have used up our break before my last semester starts to solidify all my wedding plans, I know I'm cutting it close with it being just after finishing my studies. Soon I'll be able to check off my longest standing goal off of my list and then meeting the biggest goal in my life Marriage.

Wrapping my arms around myself I stand up on my tippy toes bouncing up and down while trying not to bite all my nails down, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I feel Fantastic!! All this pent up energy is going to dive me mad, picking up my phone I dial Ryu. "Hey old pal, do you have some free time?" I chuckle as he agrees to come by so we can go for a jog around the city, with all these hills and steep San Fransisco streets we can work out my under used muscles and get my head out of all the thoughts and lists piling up in my mind.

Not long after we hang up I hear the door chime, he's here. I'm set with my running clothes and water pack, it's not really hot enough for me to worry about my run but just in case I get thirsty I like to be prepared. "Hey Nico, wow I can feel all this pent up energy radiating right off of you. Are you okay?" Ryu says glancing at me with a worried look. "Yep, no worries. Sorry I was just finalizing the wedding details and I haven't been out bike riding or being physically active like I used to so I need to release it." I say hopping in place as I shake my hands.

"All right then let's head out, I already let Damir know I was coming with you for a run and gave him the approximate route we'll be taking in case he's able to make some time and sneak off to have lunch with us when we're done." I smile feeling cheerful, "Thanks I hadn't thought ahead as far as lunch but it sounds like a great plan." Off we go jogging at a smooth pace around the city for 3 hours until noon came around stopping at a small city park with luscious green grass to stretch and decompress from all our cardio. Just as we were done cooling off Damir pulls up handing us each a fancy lunch pack as he carried a rolled up blanket, kissing me on my head.

"Eww Damir, I'm sweaty and sticky. Let me go wash my face and hands at least while you get the picnic set up." I laugh as he pinches my cheek. "Fine Kitten make it quick." He says waving me off. Ryu joins me in a few strides as we hurry up to get back to Damir and that divinely scented meal he brought. Sitting under the shade of a big tree we laugh, talk and finish our food picking up everything as to not leave any litter behind.

"Come on boys get in the car and I'll drop you off back home, you did drive over right Ryu?" Damir asks as he looks in the rear view mirror. "Yes I came on short notice so I figured bringing my car was best. He smiles thanking Damir for lunch as we roll up to our parking and slides out of his seat. I linger a bit behind promptly stealing a kiss from my love before heading out wishing him a great day at work while making my way back inside.

Texting Ryu I send him a confirmation of my class list for the new semester before taking a shower and getting things ready for the week to come. Just like that the week is over and now in what feels like a blink of an eye Ryu is back to taking me to class daily as we still signed up for all the same classes, only difference being that Anya is no longer in any of them with us.

Life is passing at a steady pace, I feel stable and happy. Still keeping in contact with my parents every other week. I plan on taking a week to visit with them in France after the wedding/honeymoon just to unwind and soak up some love and attention from them. It feels like forever since I've been back home. I sigh to myself as I finish making dinner. Damir's business has ramped up steadily and while we still have 2 out of 3 meals together most days we're just weathering through these days before I can finally be free to be at his side a little more often.