Chapter 26

(Pic of Bastian^)

Nico's POV:

Lost in thought as I quickly make my way to my next lecture "..just need to finish up the last bit of work I received during my stay in France and I'm almost free with my goal completed." I had doubled down and gotten ahead of my peers while over seas turning in so many assignments that I could technically graduate ahead of time or just wait it out to be able to walk with the rest of the students. Savoring my options I smile to myself glancing down at my schedule.

(Pic of Nico^)

(Pic of Nico^)

Crash I bump into someone, looking up confused since there wasn't anyone near me a minute ago.. I see its Bastian again. Odd.. he pops up just like that but I guess it was my fault for not watching where I was going. "I'm sorry Bastian, I'll be more careful in the future. Are you okay?" He smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes.. feeling irritated I reply "You know this hallway is much too spacious for you to need to take up the same space I do, so do your part in not running over people as well" I grumble as I look at my clock and quickly make my way to class trying to ignore the shiver that went up my spine. He looked at me the way a predator looks at its prey.

Since I'd been gone for a while I had to stop by at the front office so I parted ways with Ryu earlier now I wish I hadn't, I rub the back of my neck as I look around feeling the creepy sensation of someone watching me, taking a quick glance around I don't see anyone but I hurry on into class. Later on in the week we had an Art club meeting, I'm not an active member this semester since I just haven't had the time but they still invited me to come over just to be in good company.

Showing up to the meeting I make sure to bring some pastries, and juice to smooth things over, they've already started their topics so I catch the tail end of them making plans to support the football team by creating banners and the large paper banner that the guys will use as they break through onto the field before the game and a winning celebratory one for the cheer leaders if we succeed in taking the title. I pass out the snacks and spend the rest of the hour helping to make plans. Sounds like fun.

The next couple of weeks fly by swamped with all the ins and outs of making sure I've completed all my credits, paper work and even our weekend vacation spot to celebrate this milestone. Damir and I have both been busy so most of the time we've just been texting during the day keeping up on what our schedules have in store for the day. I know he's keeping some sort of secret from me since he's been in such a good mood but totally tight lipped about it when we're together in the mornings and evenings. I'll see what I can do to crack his composure and make him spill the beans.