Chapter 9

Nico's POV: (Nico's pic ^)

Beep Beep Beep my alarm clock goes off, I'm usually fast on my feet looking forward to my gym time but I just shut it off and rolled over into my covers, I miss Damir, his warmth, his strong arms around me.. only spent a night sleeping next to each other and I'm feeling the void he's left now that I'm back in my own apartment.

Finally I get out of bed half an hour later and take a shower by the time I head out of my room I smell Dolly's cooking. I smile as I walk over watching her plate blue berry muffins, sausage links and a cheese omelet for us each. I pour out coffee for the both of us making hers with whipped cream and sprinkles to thank her for our yummy meal.

We sit and talk about the weekend, I go over what happened with Max but make it short since I didn't want to think about him anymore than I need to. We talked about Damir and myself though I skipped over personal details and just glowed as I told her about our bonding and cuddle time. I'm sure she read between the lines since I'm head over heels like I've never been before. I'm just unsure about how he feels about me, maybe I'm just a causal companion for him since he's so experienced in life. I frown as I think about the fact that we're not established as anything, he could've just comforted me this weekend to spare me from the stress and trauma. Maybe I'm working myself up into loving him when I'll be cast off to the side in no time.

"Hey Nico, you were beaming just a minute ago, whats wrong? Why do you look as if someone just kicked your puppy?" says Dolly as she places her warm hand over my own.

"It just dawned on me that I'm falling fast and hard for Damir and I have no clue if he actually feels the same way for me or if he was just comforting and enjoying some casual time by my side over the weekend" I whisper as I look down at my hands

"Oh Nico! How can you think so lightly of yourself? If Damir wasn't interested in you he wouldn't have spent the weekend with you in HIS home, he didn't stay at a hotel or even here in our apartment, he took you into his personal space. Did he call anyone over to spend time or did he talk on the phone the whole time you were there?"

"No" I shake my head "He only had his assistant come by to bring me clothes and toiletries that I needed, but he didn't invite her even a step into his place" I smile to myself, Dolly is right, he was all mine while we were together.

"I've got to get ready for work and you need to head out to school as well, thank you Dolly you're an angel" I kiss her forehead and squeeze her tight before running off into my room. I finish up grab my stuff and ride off to work with a pep in my step.

"Good Morning Ben!" I holler as I make my way to him crushing him in the tightest hug I can manage. Smiling brightly "It feels like it's been ages since I've seen you."

He smiles back at me handing me my list of deliveries to look over and check off as I load them onto my travel pack and sling it onto my back, I clip my work phone into place and spend a couple of minutes talking to him catching up on the past week's events before heading off to my first Delivery, I'm looking forward to seeing Sophie again, I wonder if Leo is back in town.

I park my bike and make my way to the front desk "Good Morning Sophie!" I smile happily as I hand her the packages having her sign off for them, I made good time so I've got a few extra minutes to catch up "How's Leo? Is he back in town?" I ask