Chapter 23

(Sophie's pic ^)

Nico's POV:  

The weeks seemed to fly by staying busy with classwork, study time, club activities around the city and ironing out the kinks on our wedding plan in itself felt like a full time job, thankfully Anya has been my wedding-planner-godmother/Angel from above taking on the bulk of it all allowing me to enjoy the fun bits doing fittings, color schemes and cute invitations without all the accounting and tedious calls.

Damir has had his hands full as well now that he's established himself here and word has gotten out about his abilities to procure a variety of rare items from all around the world. These last couple of months have been focused on Leo's collection which has been good all in all since he's like family, but in all honesty I've been feeling left out and a little resentful of their time together without me.

"Nico, I hope you remember that we're having dinner with Leo this evening. It's a casual business meeting and a great opportunity for you two to catch up on old times." I hear Damir reminding me as he gets up from the sofa and makes his way to the shower. "Yup, haven't forgotten." I reply while setting out his change of clothes. "Where are we having dinner at?" I call out to him as I set out my own change next to his. "It's a surprise, you'll like it I'm sure." I hear him chuckle before seeing him step out of the cloud of steam with a towel wrapped low on his hips.

My eyes roam his body hungrily. "Like what you see Kitten?" He asks teasingly as he bops my nose and kisses my forehead, "Come on and get in the shower before we run late." He says tapping my ass. I reach out running a single finger down his chest before making my way to the shower.. "If only we weren't so pressed for time." I sigh.

We pull up to a gated community and are let in by a stoic looking guard, the houses are magnificent, slowly we pull into the last home at the end of the street. "Wow this is the largest house here!" I gasp as Damir laughs, "Yes, we're actually having dinner at Leo's house. Well Leo shares it with his sister and her husband so its their family home. Come Kitten, let's not be late." He comes round and opens my door, then heads to the back and brings out a food container with a lovely ribbon tied into a bow on it.

"It smells divine" I say as he hands it to me, "It's dessert from a French patisserie. I ordered it specifically for this evening" He smiles placing his hand on my lower back. Leo opened the door for us welcoming Damir and myself. "Long time no see stranger." He laughs reaching out to hug me as he hands the dessert to Sophie, he shakes Damir's hand and hugs him tightly. "Welcome dear friend." Suddenly I feel guilty at having my little tantrums over their working together so much, being included has mended the rift I was starting to create with my jealousy.