Chapter 3: People Problems

Here's an extra long, or at least I think it's long, chapter, just to get things actually started, so please read on...
------------------------------

(Marshall Lee's POV)

We ended up having to run an extra fifteen laps around the gym, which is about the size of four basketball courts. Even out of breath, seeing as I passed Flame multiple, times trying to avoid him, I still jogged my way to the locker rooms as fast as could, hoping to just avoid him completely. I quickly changed and my way to exit the door, only to have it open and nearly smash my face in, I was stopped, having my back slammed up against the wall next to the exit.

Held up by the collar of my shirt, he picked me up slightly with ease, causing me to just barely stand on the tips of my toes.

"What did you see?" he asked in a monotone voice with a straight face, not showing the rage that his actions had.

"I saw you and-" he stopped me, knocking the wind out of me as he again slammed my body into the painted cement behind me.

"I'll ask you again, what did you see," he started to yell, slightly showing anger in his face and voice. Silence engulfed us until I finally answered.

"I... um... Nothing! I didnt see anything-" the bell rang overhead as he released me. He had dropped me unexpectingly, causing me to stumble over my own feet. I stumpled out of the locker room, only to find myself face to face with the other half of todays problems: Bubba.

"Oh, hi Marshall," he waved. I was about to walk passed him to my next class, but Flame exited the door before I could even start walking.

"Hey Fla-"

"I told you not to wait," he cut Bubba off. For just a flash, I saw his smile seem to fade, but it barely lasted a moment. It was soon replace with his usual smile, though now more fake than his genuine one. Flame walked passed us rudely, though not touching either of us.

Because Gumball and i had the next class, the last class of the day, together, we walked to social studies together, though the entire walk was silent.

"Why do you stay with him if he's just a jerk to you?" I broke the silence.

"It's fine, and it doesn't concern you anyway," his smile turned even more fake, but I left it. Dropping the conversation entirely.

I was hoping to avoid the both of them for the rest of the school year, but sadly, that didnt seem to happen. Flame continued to sit at our lunch table by me, as if nothing ever happened. And I definitely couldn't avoid little Gumball (yes, I called him little, he's like half a head shorter than I am) because we had over half of our classes together. And what's even worse, guess what our social studies teacher did...

"First project of the year, this should be fun! I still can't believe the teacher made us partners... again," gumball said, trying to sound enthusiastic, as we walked to his house, passing mine along the way. How is he so positive about this?

"Why do you seem to be enjoying this to much? Dont we kinda hate each other?" I asked, somewhat annoyed already.

"Why not? It's a easy A, and all we have to do is talk to each other, besides, I dont hate you. Just sorta... Dislike.

"But I dont want to."

"Oh, honestly? Don't you want to hang out with me?"

"In all honesty, not at all," I deadpanned.

"Well don't I feel loved," he mumbled, "Give me one good reason why not."

"I dont like you,"

"I said a 'good' reason."