Chapter 7: Wanna do it Again?

(Marshall's POV)

"I'm taking you home, Bubbagum," I said, driving as fast as I could back to Bubba's house.

"Why'd you come back... How did you even know where I was?" Bubba asked, trying to till his shirt down... and failing. It stayed over his face, his hands tied above his head, still trying to struggle out of his restraints.

"Well... I went back to your house to, um... apologies for what I did, and you weren't there," I explained as best I could. I couldn't fall asleep. I just kept thinking about what I did, how it felt, who it was... "So after that, I started to, uh... Wondering what happened. I started to walk home, thinking I could talk to you tomorrow, and I saw your car... going into Flame's driveway."

"Then why did you-"

"I saw him pull you in, lock the doors. I went over to sort of... investigate and I saw him on top of you. I don't know, I just... I threw him out of the car and locked the door. Jumped into the drivers seat and here we are now..."

He stayed silent, even after I parked. I looked back at him, scaning over his body... the damage. The bruses on his chest were starting to show, along with four dark lines, running down his stomach to his belt.

"So a... what all happened... if you don't mind me asking," I questioned, hoping it wasn't as bad as I feared.

"Please don't make me say it..."

"... Okay, I won't," I promised. I didn't push the topic any further. "If you want to take a shower, I can start a movie if you'd like?" I crawled into the back seat with him, pulling his shirt back over his body. We made eye contact for only a moment, and he turned away blushing. Though he did nod.

"What movie?" he joked, trying to lighten up the tense mood. Untying his hands, we made our way inside. He headed straight upstairs, hopping right into the shower, not even looking back at me as I searched through his collection of movies.

I didn't want to leave him alone tonight. he's ben through some messed up shit tonight, and I don't want enything else to hppen to him... I really hope the whole night isn't awkward, that would kinda suck...

So what movie? It can't be romantic, that'll mess him up, I know he hates horror, I don't want anything to cheesy or childish, so no humor...

I ended up picking 'Captain America' because it was basically one of the only options I had left that I didn't hate that I knew he would actually be willing to watch.

The water to the shower turned off after a few minutes, and I heard footsteps moving around the upper floor. I had gotten the movie to the main menu screen before walking up the stairs to his bedroom, wanting to see if Bubba was doing any better.

I knocked on the door, not hearing anything, so I just kinda walked in when I didn't get an answer...

"Oh, um, hey... What are doing?" Gumball stuttered as he blushed, pulling up his towel a little higher so it wouldn't fall off. His body was still slick and wet, and his hair hung down messily, sticking to his face. He continued to pull up his short towel as it continued to slip down. They hung low on his waist, showing his hip bones and V-line.

"I just, um, movie... I put one in," are those even words? I can't help but stare at his pale, pinkish skin, almost glistening in the dim light of the room's lamps.

Gumball's face turned crimson as he noticed me looking at him. And I turned away too when I realized he noticed.

"Sorry..."

"Could you get out so I can change?" he asked me, trying not to look embarrassed, but failing as his blush darkened. I was pushed out of the door, hearing the click of the lock. After that, I sat on the couch, waiting for him to come down.