Chapter 11: Go Home Fionna

I didn't draw this
I don't know who did, but the picture is just perfect, so I put it there
Be happy and read

<><><><><><><><><><>

(Gumball's POV)

He froze, only looking straight forwards at the shower doors in front of us. Setting down his half eaten sundae, he turned towards me. I sat there froze too. I hadn't thought out what he would think or do, or even what would happen next. My mind was a blizzard of questions, but at the same time, I couldn't think. I tried to open my mouth to say something, but no words came out. Only a small cracking noise managed to escape before I shut it again. I turned away from him, trying to avoid his gaze, and wishing I could just-

My thoughts were then cut off as I felt a hand touch my neck, and then another touch my chin. I was on the verge of tears, fearing his rejection, as he pulled my face towards his, forcing me to look at him.

Before I knew it his lips were against mine in a passionate kiss. I instantly stopped, only to soon put my arms around him. My arms rested above his shoulders, one around his neck with the other woven through his hair. His lips opened, and so did mine as his tongue slid into my mouth. He pulled my body closer to his, until our chest touched, and he wrapped both arms around me.

I felt safe here, in his arms. Pressed up against his body in a tight embrace.

"I'll never leave you Bonnibell... I love you..." he hugged me tighter. "Be my boyfriend..." he whispered, holding me close to him.

"Yes," I whispered back. "Hey Marshall?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I eat my ice cream now?"

"No."

"What?"

"I wanna try something..." We let go of each other, only for me to be pulled back after he had taken a bite of his ice cream. He pulled me back in for an open mouth kiss, letting the ice cream melt between our lips. Out of the corner of my mouth, I felt a little dribble and run down my chin, but that didn't stop us. Even after swallowing, our lips never left each other's.

"Bubba," he breathed against my skin before licking the remaining ice cream off of my face.

"Yeah?" He grabbed me by the collar of my... his shirt, pulling me close, but refusing to reconnect our lips.

He whispered against my skin, "Keep the shirt..."

Marshall went home that night, promising to meet me after school the next day. And that's exactly what he did.

The school day was boring and pointless. I had covered up all the bruises and such I had gotten the day before, and also covered them all the days afterwords until they would eventually go away, but that wasn't really a problem. Flame was in the hospital now because of his broken bones, and he refused to say who did it to him. All we really did in school was turn in our papers, and presented them for social studies class, along with playing badminton in gym class (and me winning each time against Marshall), other than that, nothing else happened...

-----------------------------

Me and Marshall have been dating now for almost two months, with nothing happening. I would say that it's sweet that he doesn't want to push anything, but I can't help but feel like we need something...

We sat at lunch with our usual group, except Flame, who had moved away after he got out of the hospital. I looked outside, noticing the snow fall in the late November sky. It's motions were peaceful and soothing almost. I felt Marshall put his arm around me as I spoke to Fionna, asking her to come over later so I could help her with the math homework she didn't understand. I leaned into him, having him hold me, while I practically fell out of me chair.